spinning and rotating

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Amish John
Reactions:

spinning and rotating

Post by Amish John »

That thread about rotating galaxies reminded me of a subject more closely related to the discussions this forum was meant to host.

Norb, did you ever figure out how code the units to wheel about the end of the line rather than wheel on the center of the line?
Last edited by Amish John on Fri Jul 10, 2009 3:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Re:spinning and rotating

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Which brings up a couple of more questions:

1. Is it possible to form the regiments (battalion) into line (right, left or to the front) from the end of the column rather then the center? (I presume that the column is marching "right in front" in most, if not all, configurations.

2. Is it possible to have the columns march 4 abreast rather than 3? (I seem to recall this same discussion several years ago on the TC2M but don't recall the specifics.)

Thanks!

Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Jim
Reactions:

Re:spinning and rotating

Post by Jim »

Probably not for this release. Getting the MP code in and running smoothly has taken a lot of time as has the much improved graphics as well as the upgrades to the AI. We are focusing on the need to have within these categories and adding in nice to have only if it is easy and quick.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863