Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
roy64
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by roy64 »

It seems I was to close to the enemy. The use road command doesn't work if your under 1,000 yards is that correct?

The bugle button doesn't do anything either.
Closer to 300 yds. or so I think... :unsure:
Thanks for the report, it doesn't hurt to double check everything to make sure this toolbar is issue free.
I'm having problems with the use road command when my brigades are over 900 yards away, even when I'm not visible to the enemy which seems odd.
Leicestershire
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I just updated to the newest grog toolbar. I had whatever version came with the game. The new one is exceptional. Much cleaner layout, way more options. More formations, more types of commands. Greatness all around.
Much Appreciated! :)

That original Grog Toolbar was supposed to have been deleted with the first patch, in lieu of this version so I could keep it updated. I'm surprised that that initial buggy version even worked after the patch.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I'm having problems with the use road command when my brigades are over 900 yards away, even when I'm not visible to the enemy which seems odd.
Specifics please...
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

In what way?
Leicestershire
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

In what way?
Is it not working at all? What level?

Keep in mind that once road march is initiated all troops will first cluster to the officer giving the order and then proceed to the road. I don't like this feature but it was necessary to keep the officer ahead in road marches so he spots the enemy up front before his troops butt heads with them while in a highly vulnerable formation.
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue May 02, 2017 8:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
roy64
Reactions:

Post by roy64 »

The use road command doesn't work if your under 1,000 yards. You said you thought it was closer to 300 yds. I'm still having problems at more than 900 yards away but less than a 1,000 yards away.

When you are behind a ridge & under a 1,000 yards away & the enemy can't see you the use road command still doesn't work which i thought was odd.

I understand that the brigades will not use the roads if you are to close to the enemy. Everything over a 1,000 yards works fine.
Leicestershire
Didz
Reactions:

Post by Didz »

I recently bought this game in the steam sale, and although it claims to come with this mod, whatever steam supplied does not work the way this mod currently works. So, i downloaded the version from this forum and everything seems to be working as intended, except that my French infantry are not standing in three deep line as stated in the list of features. They are still standing two ranks deep.

Is there something I need to do to make this happen?
Last edited by Didz on Fri Jun 30, 2017 2:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I recently bought this game in the steam sale, and although it claims to come with this mod, whatever steam supplied does not work the way this mod currently works. So, i downloaded the version from this forum and everything seems to be working as intended, except that my French infantry are not standing in three deep line as stated in the list of features. They are still standing two ranks deep.

With the Grog Toolbar French line formations are three deep, no exceptions. As they lose troops the line will shrink but the three lines deep will maintain it's integrity. I'm guessing you played a stock scenario through the Waterloo scenarios section. The stock scenarios don't work properly with mods, in fact they usually crash. I've included the stock scenarios with the Grog Toolbar mod so they can be played through the User Scenarios section with no issues. If this is your issue please try again. Thanks for the report and I would appreciate feedback on whether my guess is correct, otherwise I'll look into this matter.
Didz
Reactions:

Post by Didz »

With the Grog Toolbar French line formations are three deep, no exceptions. As they lose troops the line will shrink but the three lines deep will maintain it's integrity. I'm guessing you played a stock scenario through the Waterloo scenarios section. The stock scenarios don't work properly with mods, in fact they usually crash. I've included the stock scenarios with the Grog Toolbar mod so they can be played through the User Scenarios section with no issues. If this is your issue please try again. Thanks for the report and I would appreciate feedback on whether my guess is correct, otherwise I'll look into this matter.
I've been talking to someone on the Steam forum about mods and he has just told me pretty much the same thing.

Bit of a crock in my opinion. Why have the developers blocked mod improvements to the core game, may as well shoot yourself through the head and be done with it.

But I'll have a look tonight and see if I can find these user scenario's you mention. Normally, I wouldn't bother playing anything other than the campaign game, but if user scenario's is the only way to play with all the improvements then I'll give it a go.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Pretty sure the campaign game works with mods. It works with the KS Mod and you can fight a campaign between any two sides if you make up an OOB (the KS Mod comes with multiple OOBs covering most years/nations).

I'm currently fighting an 1808 campaign between the Spanish and French using the KS Mod.

You can also swap out the maps used by the campaign game for any maps you have by editing the wlcampaign.csv and wlcampaign.ini files.

BTW Gettysburg maps work with WL so if you own the older game just put the map and terrain files from them into your game's maps folder and away you go. Some editing of the minimap file is needed (a .dds file) but that is all.

In effect the campaign is just a big sandbox game and like any sandbox game you can load any OOB you like from a list of those installed or user-created.

Unfortunately the campaign is quite poor IMO because it runs in real time which leads to some very weird events. You can march from Charleroi to Antwerp in a few hours... It has a very limited selection of maps. You just seem to fight endless battles over the same few maps but editing the two files I listed above fixes this.

For me the longevity of this game lies in MP and in player-made PBEM campaigns with WL used to resolve the battles.
Last edited by Saddletank on Fri Jun 30, 2017 6:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.