Difficulty levels

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Difficulty levels

Post by con20or »

Well don't quote me on this, but i think google were responsible for the civil war. They seem to have done well out of it!
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

In the civil war, Generals did not have little moving map icons to guide them. :)
Are you sure about that, I'm going to have to Google that to verify!

davinci
Well I'm not positive.. But I'm making an educated guess based on the lack of electrical devices during those days. Let me know what you find out after you Google it! :P
Arg...You guys are killing me.....

The next thing I'll hear is that they didn't have a mouse or a keyboard , and I know for a fact that the confederates had a monitor .

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Arg...You guys are killing me.....

The next thing I'll hear is that they didn't have a mouse or a keyboard , and I know for a fact that the confederates had a monitor .

davinci
They did, and they were wireless !

:woohoo:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

Hello,
is there any information about the various difficulty levels available somewhere? I couldn't find much in the manual. moreover, I like the idea of HITS, but I am not that high level of a player yet. I noticed for example in the Grognard level, the map was blank -- which does not make sense to me bc any grognard would make as much use of a map as possible. thanks!
Use the custom difficulty levels. So you can modify what you want mixing options. And as it has been said the ? symbol/button is a set of useful help/info screens
Last edited by Gudadantza on Thu Mar 29, 2012 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A.S. Johnston
Reactions:

Post by A.S. Johnston »

Actually, the Federals had a monitor; the confederates had a mirramac. ;)
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

Very good A.S.

:lol: :lol:

Chamberlain
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Actually, the Confederates had the C.S.S. Virginia which was built upon lower hull of the U.S.S. Merrimack that had been burned to the waterline by the retreating Lincolnites.

J
Last edited by Kerflumoxed on Thu Mar 29, 2012 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
drypowder
Reactions:

Post by drypowder »

Well great job Mantrain you asked some question about Difficulty levels and now its all Googles fault I like google mantrain so please don't mess with my google ok ....

Just Kidding bro...

Yeah maybe try the custom options or play with one eye closed or turn your monitor sideways ...
This is Abner Monroe Perrin born Edgefield County, South Carolina born Feb 8th 1827 fought in Gettysburg and other engagements.

"Maj. Gen. Edward "Allegheny" Johnson's division was captured on May 12, 1864, units from the Third Corps—including Perrin's brigade—were called in to help. Leading his troops in a spirited counterattack through a very heavy fire, with his sword in hand, Perrin fell from his horse pierced by seven bullets. He died instantly.

Perrin is buried in the Confederate Cemetery in Fredericksburg, Virginia." source wiki
mantrain
Reactions:

Post by mantrain »

Well as it turns out I did find more information in the manual about the levels. Well, thing is re grognard,
in order for the map feature to be realistic, it should show troop and units on the map as they are reported including hostiles.
In real battle situations, reports come in from friendly and recon re what was observed, and then the commander fills in his map according to the stream of recon reports, and courier messages from subordinates, ie, Sir 8th Brigade Georgia is reporting a regiment strength unit southeast of Pikes Junction moving south". he also fills in his map with his own troops, bc of course he knows where they are mostly, but not always, b. So given this, what is the best realistic setting for maps? thanks! Why does Grognard have map as empty, when in real situations commander always has some information available to him on the map?
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

Well as it turns out I did find more information in the manual about the levels. Well, thing is re grognard,
in order for the map feature to be realistic, it should show troop and units on the map as they are reported including hostiles.
In real battle situations, reports come in from friendly and recon re what was observed, and then the commander fills in his map according to the stream of recon reports, and courier messages from subordinates, ie, Sir 8th Brigade Georgia is reporting a regiment strength unit southeast of Pikes Junction moving south". he also fills in his map with his own troops, bc of course he knows where they are mostly, but not always, b. So given this, what is the best realistic setting for maps? thanks! Why does Grognard have map as empty, when in real situations commander always has some information available to him on the map?
To simulate this (in HITS & Couriers MP at least), use a printed map, set bare map in the game & rely on what your fellow players tell you about what they see. It's VERY different from having all the info accurately on map, with live stream of updates.