Scenarios

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Florent
Reactions:

Scenarios

Post by Florent »

After searching a sequel for TC Manassas 2, i was happy to see that a Gettysburg game had been released.
I have a question about scenarios : The little flags on the scenario page are different starting points ? Yes/No.
I asked because i read that you had to win a scenario to go to the next and looking at the Day one i didn't find a Division Level scenario for Wadsworth with Cutler on one side of Chambersburg road and Meredith on the other side.
I guess i have to win Buford to have access to another Division Level scenario.
I play the game and read Pfanz books( First Day being the first of the Trilogy).
I love the game and the terrain is like the photos in the books. Bravo.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Re:Scenarios

Post by Little Powell »

I hope I understand your question, but the Flags on the scenario menu are the approximate location of where the battles took place. You are right though, there is not a Wadsworth division level scenario avail in the stock scenarios.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Welcome Florent

Hope LP answered your question, the scenario set up is different from TC2M. Carryovers are not listed, you just get that info as you select them.

Great idea to follow the game with Pfanz...total immersion. Plus, you can help improve the game with informative feedback...historic representation for accurate recreations and 'What Ifs' is paramount.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

Yes it allows to see that 4 or 5 scenarios are possible at only 1/3 of the books !!!

Brigade Level : Archer, Davis and Cutler.

Division : Heth scenario starting before. I don't know if the start is different every time, but in my case Archer was already in Mc Pherson Woods and in the Process of being destroyed. Not much to do here. I would have rather like to have Archer in Springs Hotel Woods and Davis on the same level on the other side of the Pike (after leaving Herr Ridge) in order to prepare for the Assault on Mc Pherson Ridge and woods.

Woodsworth scenario with Cutler and Meredith Brigades from their arrival on the field to the rairoad cut and the final charge of 6th Wisconsin.
The last skirmish line of Union cavalry and departure would be taken by IA. Of course Heth scenario would also end with the Rairoad cut Charge.

A 6th scenario could have some Bufford Cavalry on Herr Ridge first and skirmish from line to line of defense.
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

Any mission Editor hidden in the game ?
I played a few scenarios this last days and i love the immersion. My computer had been upgraded in March and the pyrotechnic effects with smoke, artillery etc... is just fantastic.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Florent wrote:
Kinda, Sandbox has mission options. As far as scenarios, one word, MOD. It's great that you're getting into the immersion, and yes, the better machines really compliment that action/immersion.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Florent wrote:
I played a few scenarios this last days and i love the immersion. My computer had been upgraded in March and the pyrotechnic effects with smoke, artillery etc... is just fantastic.
No mission editor, but it's on the list of things to come. Norb has already taken the first step in having a command to dump the scenario.csv (troop positions for the scenario). For now, you just have to study up on the SDK manual, it contains everything you need to know to design a scenario.
John Buford
Reactions:

Post by John Buford »

Florent wrote:
... A 6th scenario could have some Buford Cavalry on Herr Ridge first and skirmish from line to line of defense.
I've actually picked this for my first mod/scenario and am working on it now.
"They will attack you in the morning and they will come booming–skirmishers three deep. You will have to fight like the devil until supports arrive."
- General John Buford at Gettysburg.
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

Where is the SDK Manual ?
Florent
Reactions:

Post by Florent »

"I've actually picked this for my first mod/scenario and am working on it now"

Nice, The books written by Pfanz are really a goldmine for scenarios with Maps and telling the story. I also like the Time Life book Gettysburg. The 28 volumes of the Civil War are all interesting.