going back and forth

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
william1993
Reactions:

going back and forth

Post by william1993 »

I have noticed this a lot. One of my regiments charge, then retreat from the melee, then, halfway into the retreat, they turn and charge again! Why the heck do they do that?!
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
rclark14
Reactions:

Re: going back and forth

Post by rclark14 »

Hi, if you hit charge again and they have good energy they will charge again- it depends on energy levels and morale- that's what I have found- I like this game- I know it fairly good after 5-6 months- the mods are the best- 3 days in 7 hours rulez :ohmy:
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Well, see, I never hit the charge button, it's just after, they charge, and I let it go, they are retreating, the enemy is following, then all of a sudden, bam, they charge on their own again.
Drummerboy
Reactions:

Post by Drummerboy »

William, I've had the same thing happen. More times then not, when they do turn around and charge again, they end up beating back the enemy. One time, I had a unit charge, retreat, and charge again three times. The enemy unit ended up surrendering. It was a tough little unit in the game, the 91st Pa.
rclark14
Reactions:

Post by rclark14 »

could be AI if you you do not light the tC button- I prefer single play but will try multi as much as I can
Hancock the Superb
Reactions:

Post by Hancock the Superb »

It happens whether TC'd or not. Often times, I really have to concentrate my attention on the regiment in melee, and try to retreat them after they succeed in giving more hits than they take. Unfortunately, they will reengage or get captured when they retreat, which is really a shame. I understand it if they continue to take melee points when they retreat cause the other regiment doesn't quit melee because yours did, but they shouldn't go back for more if tc'd and ordered to retreat.

This would be a nice fix.
Hancock the Superb
Damned Black Hat
Reactions:

Post by Damned Black Hat »

I've never noticed this... perhaps I just have better control over my boys. ;)
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

This has happened, on rare occasion, with TC2M as well. I've noticed it a few times in SOW.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

JC Edwards wrote:
This has happened, on rare occasion, with TC2M as well. I've noticed it a few times in SOW.
Never happens with my guys. I order them to charge and they run away screaming in terror. :P

B
Last edited by born2see on Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Born2see...tell your boys that they can pillage the corpses....they will charge then.

I have noticed too, that they beat the enemy back.