Much better

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Much better

Post by Gunfreak »

I needed to buy a wireless router so I could get my ps3 online, and I bought another gig of ram at the same time.
Got it today. And it was quite the change.

I first notised it when I started a game, the load time was a FRACTION of what it used to be, while it used to take 2-3 minutes, now it takes less then 30 seconds.
The other big thing is that I don't get the freeses anymore, I used to get periodic stops were the whole game stoped for a few second, very anoying infact so anyoing I havnæt realy didn't play much, it was just to tireing to play.
Now the freeses are gone, I still only get 7-13FPS but it works quite nicely.
I played a full "army" battle 16 000 vs 16 000 and worked very nicely.
AP514
Reactions:

Re: Much better

Post by AP514 »

so are you up to 2 gigs of Ram now ?

Ap514
2Gigs, Athlon 64 4000+ cpu , 256 video
Gunfreak
Reactions:

Re:Much better

Post by Gunfreak »

No 3 gigs, 2 just wasn't enough
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

If you have the beta patch installed, then I put in the flag to enable the app to use more ram.
Slick Wilhelm
Reactions:

Post by Slick Wilhelm »

norb wrote:
If you have the beta patch installed, then I put in the flag to enable the app to use more ram.
Which I am going to take advantage of when I have time to play tonight! B)

I really need to upgrade to Windows 7, though. I'm still on XP with 6GB of RAM, half of which is sitting there, unused.
Taiaha
Reactions:

Post by Taiaha »

I definitely need to install the beta patch obviously. I could make a cup of coffee (in fact, I've done it) while waiting for some of these battles to load. Takes me back to the beginning of the TC2M days when I was still playing with 1Gb or RAM. Good time, good times. . .
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Taiaha wrote:
I definitely need to install the beta patch obviously. I could make a cup of coffee (in fact, I've done it) while waiting for some of these battles to load. Takes me back to the beginning of the TC2M days when I was still playing with 1Gb or RAM. Good time, good times. . .
Right now having a mug of Lipton tea loaded with Suebee honey, while waiting to get the Beta Patch downloaded. Having a password problem at the moment, a new one should be forthcoming. :cheer:
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

There is no password problem, the username and password that you use is listed on the beta post where you download from. It is the same username and password for everyone. Should have been more clear on that.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

If I can get it to work, then ANYONE can!

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

norb wrote:
There is no password problem, the username and password that you use is listed on the beta post where you download from. It is the same username and password for everyone. Should have been more clear on that.
Successfully downloaded the patch and checked the menu page for the right version #s. Maybe for other computer dummies like myself you could edit your post for those who need it. :P

BOSTON :)
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston