Expanded Toolbar - Grog

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: Expanded Toolbar - Grog

Post by mitra76 »

I don't know if exist a real solution without a coding action; the only thing you can try is the set the stretch value in the align property of textbox widget inside the tooltip to see if it resize the fonts too.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Adjusts files to provide compatibility with the mod Les Cent Jours.
Just to be sure.
This toolbar version is also compatible if not using that mod, so replaces 7.1?
For sure! This toolbar will never rely on another mod to function properly. As with this latest update, it integrates necessary properties from specific mods to make them compatible.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
xray
Reactions:

Post by xray »

Reb

You deserve a medal for all the hard work and expertise you have put into your excellent mod, never to slow to answer queries from players, truly a gem.

On a personal note you have enhanced my enjoyment of the game no end, so thank-you Reb.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update, Version 8.4 edits some more files for better compatibility with high resolution play. A new optional toolbar is now available: 75 Wide - Narrow toolbar for high resolutions.

- The 'End Game Status' screen was edited for all resolutions for better clarity
- The "75 Wide" optional toolbar is available in the 'Optional Toolbar Displays' folder. Read the included instructions on how to activate.
- A new folder, 'High Resolution File Options', is now located in the Layout folder. Read the 'Read Me' instructions for activating the two files located there for better high resolution play. This change was made so only high resolution settings need optional file adaptations, keeping in mind that the low resolution version works with all resolutions. Didn't like the idea that folks new to SOW and the Grog Toolbar would have to delete a file right away to make the toolbar (ToolTip readouts) text appear appropriately.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Aug 10, 2019 1:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

hi,,can u tell me what is the function of the campaign folder in this great mod,,,maybe it is helpful for my work.And still need txt files in other folders ? :)
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

my PC is 2560*1440 so it is nice to hear you make a version supporting. In fact ,, I run all game with this resolution now from I changed a good monitor
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

hi,,can u tell me what is the function of the campaign folder in this great mod,,,maybe it is helpful for my work.And still need txt files in other folders ? :)
The Campaign folder is only included for German translation files, since this mod is the only mod that offers the German language option.

Please take note of the LanguageEnglish.xml file in the Layout/Media/Language folder. I included this file because it corrects errors and eliminates about a hundred duplicate lines in the stock version. In addition, if you use all my German files as a guide for the Chinese language option you can see the path more clearly. Plus, it will help you determine which text can't be translated, hard coded and such. IOW, if it isn't translated to German, then it probably can't be translated to Chinese.

If you translate the LanguageEnglishMod.xml in the Language folder (and include it in your mod), I'll include a future update of this mod with Chinese text included on the Grog Toolbar, editing the toolbar.layout file, which will appear along with the Chinese Language Option, when selected of course. I'll add the Chinese Language Option in the SOWWLLanguage.xml along with this update. Don't get me wrong, you'll still have your Chinese Language mod, I'll just be making the Grog Toolbar compatible with it.

Good Luck with this quest, it's a TALL order. Just doing German fried my brain for awhile, can't even imagine the hurtles of Chinese. It looks like it doesn't even have letters or words, or even numbers, just little complicated looking pictures. :woohoo:
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Camrik
Reactions:

Post by Camrik »

I just bought SOW:WL and I am very happy with it but there is quite a bit to read and learn. I've read most of this thread and learned quite a few things about the game and the expanded toolbar. Let me first thank you, Reb, for your remarkable dedication and contribution in making this game so much better with your mod.

One thing that I have looked for and only found partially is an explanation on the many different formations available for a division, a brigade or a bataillon. For instance, what is the difference between division columns, division columns half, or full? I mean, I can see the difference in game, but what are the advantages of using one or the other? Same is true with line, combat line, etc. Has anyone written something comprehensive about those? Or am I to learn by trial? There are quite a few formation available and apart from the most obvious ones (square comes in mind), I am uncertain on how and when (under what circunstances) to use a specific one.

Anyone can help me with this?
Last edited by Camrik on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:50 am, edited 1 time in total.
RALB
Reactions:

Post by RALB »

Watch Rob's videos on the "Grog toolbar demistified" all the formation stuff is there as well
https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... LGXBt9GRHx

Here you will find his complete playlists with all the info you are seeking
https://www.youtube.com/user/DarkRob316/playlists
Last edited by RALB on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
chee
Reactions:

Post by chee »

My friend and I are making Chinese translation mod.It is a big success .It seems all text could be translated into Chinese except the directions words,"listcompass"(like south,north,,,in courier orders
second menu)? inner function that be recognized by game.
Your mod help me a lot ,I did add Chinese version like your Germany translation.
I find it is still needed to add .xml in each of the scenarios.Thanks to your mod,I achieved the courier message translation.I will translate HELP system and intros.BTW,the campaign files seem not affect all scenarios.If I take 2 mods at the same time,what mod be overwritten first? my mod name's CN language support mod.