Rag-Tag-CSA-Army

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Rag-Tag-CSA-Army

Post by Saddletank »

You do not need a dropbox account. Its a freely accessible file upload system (you can do much more if you have an account but you don't need one to just grab a file).
Last edited by Saddletank on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Hi, Martin.

Since I do not have a Dropbox account, any other way for you to send Version 1.48 for the game?

Thanks

J
Hey old timer. How you doing?

It's a pretty big mod because of all the additional flags and sprites. Way too big to email, even zipped. Do as Saddletank suggests, or perhaps if LP could include here in the released mods thread?

Martin (J)
Last edited by Martin James on Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

That's not what the site says. Won't let me open any files unless I join.

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

That's not what the site says. Won't let me open any files unless I join.

J
Click on the Link by Martin James
Click the Download near top right side of page.

A Box will Pop-Up

Click the No Thanks, Continue to Download at the bottom of that pop-up.

The Download menu should appear in a few seconds asking you where to download it.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

By golly, "D", you are SPOT ON! Thanks very much! I am still trying to figure out how to put a new ribbon on my Remington Typewriter!

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
HarveyKrumpet
Reactions:

Post by HarveyKrumpet »

Darn! Tried to download the dropbox file that Martin mentions in his post #17. No luck. Is there another link.

All the best
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

HarveyKrumpet
Reactions:

Post by HarveyKrumpet »

Got it...Thanks a million

Bill
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

I finally downloaded this Mod. I do love the uniforms but didn't see Divisional Flags. Perhaps there is something to change in a file, don't know...but love the uniforms. I also like the additional OOB's.....

But unfortunately, this Mod crashes my game. I'm running XP. I did manage to start a Sandbox Game just to view the mod, and it appeared everything worked fine. But after quitting and then restarting a game as in to use another OOB, it crashes...I turned off most mods that I'm not using and even rebooted but got same error message. I delete the Mod and everything then works OK as it was prior.

Great work though...
Which file do I go to to find error message?

thanks,
the reb
Martin James
Reactions:

Post by Martin James »

Glad you like the look of it. I didn't use stock divisional or brigade flags, as we don't have Union ones for any corps outside the Army of the Potomac, and there was no standard system for Confederate ones.

The mod can be used with CouriersAndMaps Mod (although you will need to disable some of the files in that for playing MP), but I would turn all other mods off, as some of the files may well conflict.

You can find error messages in your SOWGB log file. It's a text file in the Work sub-folder. That should hopefully point you in the right direction. If not, post any error messages here, and I or someone else should be able to assist.

Good luck.

Martin