Hi, Have some question!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
JacktheRacer
Reactions:

Hi, Have some question!

Post by JacktheRacer »

Hi there! I am new to this forum and the community. Let me first say I've been a long time civil war game fan. Most notably Sid Meier's and his war games.

As a veteran player in Sid Meier's Gettysburg, who used to play on Mplayer and Gamespy back in the day, Will we see any similarities with in this game and Sid's? I am a huge fan of Sid Meier's Gettysburg because it of the real time interaction and the excitement. I've always wanted to see an upgrade of the game.

I have played the first bull run game. I never though much of it to be honest. THe graphic were cool, but lack of multiplayer quickly turned me off. Of course, this new game will have it! So what should I expect of this game being a hardcore Sid Meier's Gettyburg(even Antietam!). Should my expectations be different? Will the map be very big? Will I see Sheep Haven Hill!! LOL!

Anyways, I know the good old days of that game are way behind, I was hoping this would bring a similar experience with a new fresh feeling.

thanks, I will try to engage more of a discussion if I left something out.
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Re:Hi, Have some question!

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

It will be ten times better than CWBR and TC2M combined and I don't know what sid does I don't like playing games where somebody has there name on it because thay turn out to be crap because the people who made them are idiots. But it will be better look at some of the Dec.Oct. and Little Powell's screen shots in the screen shots section under games.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

I think that you will find that it is significantly more sophisticated and realistic than SMG/A. This game is IMO two generations advanced from those games. Everyone involved in the development of this game is a veteran of SMG/A, CWBR and TC2M. We aim to make this as much of an shift as between flintlock and percussion caps. You the players will be the judge of how well we succeed, but that is our goal.

-Jim
Last edited by Jim on Fri Mar 13, 2009 8:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

I still love playing the old games and looking forward to what's new.

Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
Anthropicus
Reactions:

Post by Anthropicus »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
It will be ten times better than CWBR and TC2M combined and I don't know what sid does I don't like playing games where somebody has there name on it because thay turn out to be crap because the people who made them are idiots. But it will be better look at some of the Dec.Oct. and Little Powell's screen shots in the screen shots section under games.
I think you should show a little more respect for Sid Meier, without whom we wouldn't have the idea upon which Breakaway's and Mad Minute's games were built.
Amish John
Reactions:

Post by Amish John »

For it's time, I thought Sid's Gettysburg was a great game. It gave me many hours of entertainment. I don't know how game designers are rated, but I assumed Sid was kind of an icon in the industry.
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

Amish John wrote:
For it's time, I thought Sid's Gettysburg was a great game. It gave me many hours of entertainment. I don't know how game designers are rated, but I assumed Sid was kind of an icon in the industry.
To me Sid Meirer's Waterloo was the balls! Antietam was a huge improvement over GB, which GB was great in itself. A Sid Mirier's engine drove Firaxis/Breakaway Austerlitz, which was also a great game, but they dropped the ball after that, never understood why? :( Whatever became of that Sid Mirier's engine? Sid Mirier still holds high marks to me in the gameing world.

Hoistngman4 :)
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I believe that there just was not enough money in the games. Waterloo just didn't have the sales to carry a big company.
JacktheRacer
Reactions:

Post by JacktheRacer »

Thanks for the response.
BOSTON
Reactions:

Post by BOSTON »

norb wrote:
I believe that there just was not enough money in the games. Waterloo just didn't have the sales to carry a big company.
I take it that the first thousand members of the forum won't be getting a free game! :lol: :) :laugh: Whatever you come up with will be invaluable to me, cause I know it's going to be superb. Lately have been replaying all of the TC2M scenarios, the game is still a lot of fun. ;)

Hoistingman4
HOISTINGMAN4

Drafted in Boston