3 days in 7 hours bug???

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
GFab
Reactions:

3 days in 7 hours bug???

Post by GFab »

I have been having an issue with the start of day 3 now and before I re-installed the game after replacing my hard drive.

I have been playing the Union side and after a few minutes into day 3 the Confederate troops just disappear from the battle field and my troops start marching away from where they were fighting. BUT the Confederates must be using some stealth technology because they are still on the field and only if I am right on top of them do they appear and then disappear again. Stuart's men walk all over Gregg's because they don't see him coming and when they do it's too late. Would like to know how to fix this since I can not complete day 3.

Like I said, this was also happening before I had to re-install the game and before that I used to be able to play till the end. So I think it might have to be a conflict with a recent patch. Just not sure which or what could be causing this problem.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves - Abraham Lincoln
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: 3 days in 7 hours bug???

Post by RebBugler »

I think you went over the time limit, resumed play after end game, and now your stuck with the last visibility distance scripted, 30 yards. Since that's burned into the save, I assume, you're only recourse is to begin the scenario again, and win it on time. :)
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
GFab
Reactions:

Post by GFab »

Thanks for replying RebBugler.

This is not the carry over scenario's where you have to get a certain score in order to advance to the next day. This is the full 3 days battle in 7 hours mod where you get the night to dawn transitions between days.

Day 3 just started so I could not be out of time.

But what you said about visibility distance sounds like what is happening about 6 minutes into Day 3.
America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves - Abraham Lincoln
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Yeah I know, the 7 hour Union one. That's the bad news, you saved when the visibility was low, and it obviously stuck because it should only last a minute into day 3. This was a bug that I thought was fixed, if it's what I'm assuming. Guess you don't have an earlier save?
GFab
Reactions:

Post by GFab »

I think the last save that I did was back on Day 1. Unless you mean an autosave. But I think I have that set at zero minutes. I did not save the game once Day 3 started or any time up until they disappeared.

When you say you guess I don't have an earlier save are you referring to a save in the game or an older version of 3 Days in 7 Hours? I am using the Bugles and Flags XII version but this also happened while using the SOW mod.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I think the last save that I did was back on Day 1. Unless you mean an autosave. But I think I have that set at zero minutes. I did not save the game once Day 3 started or any time up until they disappeared.

When you say you guess I don't have an earlier save are you referring to a save in the game or an older version of 3 Days in 7 Hours? I am using the Bugles and Flags XII version but this also happened while using the SOW mod.
Then I'm clueless if you didn't save at the beginning of day 3. Checked the scripting and nothing seems amiss. Don't think versions is an issue here, although the day-night sequences were added with the latest version, but it's several years old in the making now.

Sorry, I remain :unsure:
GFab
Reactions:

Post by GFab »

Bummer...

Thanks for your help though.