Courier play

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.

How do you play

With couriers
55%
Without
45%

Total votes: 40

Element UK
Reactions:

Re: Courier play

Post by Element UK »

'hits' is very 'immersive' but I would only dare it in Multi-Player where everyone's on the same level pegging. It's a brave soul who plays 'H(q)its' with SP.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

'hits' is very 'immersive' but I would only dare it in Multi-Player where everyone's on the same level pegging. It's a brave soul who plays 'H(q)its' with SP.
I agree :). But This game is fun even when you are crushed and humilliated. And Single Player is just for fun, Or I consider it on this way. Multi is The War, The competition.

Greetings.
Blaugrana
Reactions:

Post by Blaugrana »

The AI is playing HITS, so actually, playing in SP with anything other than HITS is _________________
Fill in word of choice ;)
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

The AI is playing HITS, so actually, playing in SP with anything other than HITS is _________________
Fill in word of choice ;)
The answer is... "no HITS"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

"too easy" might fill the blank, or "cheating" ;)
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

"too easy" might fill the blank, or "cheating" ;)
I do not agree. Cheating would be if the AI does not use HITS, and "too easy" is a very subjetive opinion. As is subjetive the deffinition of realism in a videogame.

AI is not an human mind even on Chess programs.

Considering everything below Grognard difficulty level as cheating could be called elitism.

Greetings
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

You're free to disagree, it's just my view but its from playing experience. The game is much easier without couriers etc, and that's a pretty obvious fact.
Gudadantza
Reactions:

Post by Gudadantza »

You're free to disagree, it's just my view but its from playing experience. The game is much easier without couriers etc, and that's a pretty obvious fact.
Of course, In fact, a subjetive opinion based in your playing experience, everybody has an opinion based in his/her playing experience. Is there other way?

Anyway you are right. Subjetive or not, Lower difficulty settings (no HITS, free camera) are intended to give an easier experience. In general.

But lower difficulty setting are not considered to be cheats. At least in my country.

Greetings
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Wow, this is hard work. "Cheating" wasn't really a very serious comment, or at least only expressed in the way that you are cheating the AI because it can't play that way, a term of phrase. Not actually cheating. I was talking about it being easier, and as you seem to agree with that perhaps we could leave it there?
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Well. . . I guess that would depend on what size force you're commanding. Playing with couriers at the brigade level is really no big deal, at the division level or higher, no question. But at the brigade level, you're only dealing with relatively short delays of your orders to regiments.

And honestly, playing with hits and couriers in a multiplayer format where you are playing against real players and not the ai is in some ways much easier, especially against battle-hardened opponents. Hits/Couriers slows the game down big time and makes attacking and destroying an opponent much harder and defending much easier.