Melee Bug

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: Melee Bug

Post by JC Edwards »

I can just see it......Seal charging my Cavalry.......their response......."Sorry Charlie.....no horse meat for you!" :evil:
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

I presume you guys are working on the Charge bug. Thanks

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
WriterJWA
Reactions:

Post by WriterJWA »

So, yeah ... we just had a meltdown in a big battle because of this. We gonna' get this fixed anytime soon??

It's Squeaky Wheel Time!
"I propose to fight it out on this line if it takes all summer."

"If you see the President, tell him from me that whatever happens there will be no turning back."

Lt. Gen. Ulysses S. Grant, 1864
Beef Stu
Reactions:

Post by Beef Stu »

any chance we can get a fix for this?
BillyYank1863
Reactions:

Post by BillyYank1863 »

had a bad incident tonight involving this bug. This needs to be fixed as soon as possible to keep MP respectable =). Please fix, top priority. Thank you.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

RebBuger,

I heard this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. So I was wondering if perhaps you could take the charge button off your MP Toolbar?

I'd do it, but. . . well. . . you know. . . .
Willard
Reactions:

Post by Willard »

I guess this is what Cleburne used against me in the last battle we played.
I couldn't figure out how his 13th Pennsylvannia wrecked my entire brigade.
He claimed his regiment was "fresh."
A little dissappointed that he didn't admit to this cheat and wrecked my brigade.
Not a very honorable way to play and I will be expecting an apology.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

RebBuger,

I heard this isn't going to be fixed anytime soon. So I was wondering if perhaps you could take the charge button off your MP Toolbar?

I'd do it, but. . . well. . . you know. . . .
Easy to remove from the toolbar, unfortunately though, it can be used via the keyboard.

It's gonna have to be fixed internally...too bad honorable play won't work.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

I hadn't heard about it until tonight's "melt-down" game, but would argue that this one, as opposed to the "run-of-the-mill" fix, needs to acquire instant priority. It is a member of that infrequent bug species that goes to the integrity of the game. And it's easy to see that it has already added demoralization points to the human MP player community. The timing is bad coming as it does on the heels of a huge holiday upswing in energy for the MP game.

On the plus side, I don't expect to see much abuse of it. But you can be sure it will be in the back of everyone's mind until it goes the way of the Dodo.
General P R Cleburne
Reactions:

Post by General P R Cleburne »

Actually willard it was technically a version of this cheat and it wasnt honourable.In that fight i was on the side of the guy that Seal was pounding yet again with his coloum charge.I decided to respond by attacking your line outside the trees with a colom charge back.The problem at my end arose when you retreated your regiment after the first charge.I think you would have done that regardless anyway as you know im likely to flank you if i can.Then because id hit the charge button more than once the 13th Pa did indeed charge your next regiment in line which you also duely retreated.at that point i hadnt clicked charge again and i sent that regiment back to my right in coloum.Youve fought against me many times and with me and you are aware i dont condone nor partake in "cheap" tactics.However you were unlucky in the respect that you were "enabling" Seal to do his dirty work on yet another new player.I wouldnt use any charge glitch against you or any other honourable player intentionally and even more so if i thought i was the only player who knew about it.If id had chance to talk to you afterwards maybe youd feel different but as i reported the bug to Norbsoft before any more battles were fought or id seen you i guess you havent had the luxury of the knowledge of this.I hope to see you again when the battlefield becomes clear of this nonesense.I hadnt kept this knowledge secret as as soon as i had a suspicion i reported it to another player who helped me confirm this.I dont even believe i discovered it.i think it just as likely that others have known but not mentioned it for whatever reasons.Thats a seperate story and in previous battles im sure many players have used it without knowing.We didnt know it was a real bug till it was tested after that fight.I only had my suspicion and after it was confirmed it was reported to Norbsoft.
Consider this an appology if offence was taken Willard.Im sorry.
Cleburne