It's Raining in Texas

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

It's Raining in Texas

Post by KG_Soldier »

Thank goodness. Here in New Braunfels (between Austin and San Antonio), it's been raining for the better part of two hours, at least an inch of rain. My wife and I sat on the front porch and watched for a good while. You can't imagine how depressing it's been around here this summer.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: It's Raining in Texas

Post by Davinci »

Thank goodness. Here in New Braunfels (between Austin and San Antonio), it's been raining for the better part of two hours, at least an inch of rain. My wife and I sat on the front porch and watched for a good while. You can't imagine how depressing it's been around here this summer.
Being unfamiliar with the landscape other than looking at a map, is it also raining in the parts of Texas that has suffered some of the worst wildfires in history?

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Yes. . . I live about 50 miles from Bastrop, where 1500 homes burned two weeks ago. Most of the state is a tinder box. Here in Central Texas, we haven't had a significant rain since last November or so.
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Yea for rain. Let's hope you get alot more! :woohoo:
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."