Field Experimenting

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
con20or
Reactions:

Re: Field Experimenting

Post by con20or »

Im almost sorry to ask this because I say it so often (i should make it my signature) but here goes -

???IS THERE AN FPS HIT???

Have pity on me, my computer is old.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

con20or wrote:

You're not alone. If my computer hits 15 FPS it starts bellowing smoke. :(

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Im almost sorry to ask this because I say it so often (i should make it my signature) but here goes -
???IS THERE AN FPS HIT???
The most honest answer would be a Yes , but it also depends on the amount of terrain that is displayed on the ground, the amount of troops showing, and the amount of trees and smoke.

I think that the trees, even with the default game are the most demanding of all of the graphics. But, I’m mainly just swapping out the default fields, with another type of field, not really adding to the existing fields. Think of it as removing one to add another one .

Basically, I try to adjust the terrain so that there is only a minimum hit to the fps this is mostly due to the fact that I also have a limited graphics card.

I will add that the game is extremely flexible, meaning that you have the options of picking and choosing what you would like to see at any given time.

My game will drop to 8 – 10 fps while the units are marching, but once most of the marching is over with, and the units start fighting the frames will slighting increase.

All of that means that the \ this terrain is not having any negative strain on my frames at this time.

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
35th Georgia
Reactions:

Post by 35th Georgia »

Those flowers will look great adorning the cannons in our Peace and Love expansion pack. :P

B
I almost fell out of my chair on that one. :lol:
"To walk into to almost certain death is insane,to do it with honor is heroic."
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

Latest one looks very good! Very good blending, that long grass fits in well. I prefer this than to the flowers.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Latest one looks very good! Very good blending, that long grass fits in well. I prefer this than to the flowers.
Thanks, Gunship24 I appreciate your comments; I usually have to go in one direction and screw-up, just to reverse course and March in another direction.

BTW , I’ve been following your Napoleon Mod , excellent work!

You are also from England correct, along with Tim, Crikey, and Davidd all of you guys are very efficient with Photoshop and modding. Sort of makes me wonder if they are handing out Photoshop to you guys in the first grade!

davinci
gunship24
Reactions:

Post by gunship24 »

You are also from England correct,..
Yes I am. I like designing graphics and have a thing for black powder era warfare. Gimp is my main program of choice.
PANGI
Reactions:

Post by PANGI »

where can i get those rebel flags and tc2m soldier sprites, plese?
HUSSAAAAAR!!!
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

where can i get those rebel flags and tc2m soldier sprites, please?

pangi – Well, what a coincidence, we were just discussing you last week about the invisible flag mod that you made for the previous game!

The Reb's Flag Mod – should be available at the top of the Modding \ Modifications Page, so that request is pretty simple.

The TC2M \ Sprites – Well, they was hosted at..... I think RapidShare – or somewhere similar, but that account has expired – or to put it another way – they no-longer have a free account section, so those files were deleted by them.

My Internet Speed – at the moment will not allow me to upload them to another site, so someone else with the files would have to place them somewhere for you!

davinci