Walking

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
william1993
Reactions:

Walking

Post by william1993 »

I am a hard-walking Negro. Them two things attached to the bottom of my thighs have seen a lot of work. I use that as my primary mode of transportation because I don't need gas money. For example, today, I walked from my friend's place on my campus to my apartment, which is like 3 or so miles and it took me 40 minutes. I was hot when I got there. I just wonder, who else allez-à pied as their primary mode of transportation?
God darn. Holy testicles. All them people.
norb
Reactions:

Re: Walking

Post by norb »

I did a ton in college. Penn State campus was pretty large and I would walk everywhere. Now it's more just taking the dogs out. Work is too far. Some stores are close enough. Ride my bike to the pool.

Right now we got a lot of wind and rain in Jersey. Should get interesting tonight. But my daughter and myself took a walk in the creek. Usually comes up to our ankles, it was up to our thighs today.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

Yes. I heard of the hurricane. I also heard how one of my friends told me the east coast folks are immoral so god is punishing them. That is an incredibly stupid statement. Be safe up there Norb and don't get washed away!
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

I also heard how one of my friends told me the east coast folks are immoral so god is punishing them. That is an incredibly stupid statement.
Stupid indeed. Every time something like this happens (earthquake, hurricane, tornado) the wacko's are going to come out and say we're being punished.
born2see
Reactions:

Post by born2see »

You guys are right. I remember the same thing being said about New Orleans and Katrina.

B
"Those in whose judgment I rely, tell me that I fought the battle splendidly and that it was a masterpiece of art.” - George McClellan to his wife describing the battle of Antietam
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

I ride a bike or a horse. Walk when I have to. I can swim better than I can walk. I don't know how to run, unless there is something chasing me.
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

You have a horse?!
Tacloban
Reactions:

Post by Tacloban »

of course
william1993
Reactions:

Post by william1993 »

This sounds like the beginning of a song my mama used to tell me, and it always ended, with "and he died"
SouthernSteel
Reactions:

Post by SouthernSteel »

I did a ton in college. Penn State campus was pretty large and I would walk everywhere.
I rather preferred a bike for that campus, but only because they actually keep the paths outside campus plowed during the winter. Living on campus facilitates walking rather moreso on most campuses. Most college campuses are absolute nightmares for drivers, especially if you don't want to pay a steep premium to park somewhere half decent. On the campuses I can think of, if not for shuttles, drivers would actually end up walking further than anyone :pinch:

Can't say anyone could hardly pay me to walk on a Texas campus these days unless absolutely necessary.
"The time for compromises is past, and we are now determined to maintain our position and make all who oppose us smell Southern powder, feel Southern steel."
Jefferson Davis, 1861