Users
Articles
Articles View Hits

Old Steam users

4 years 10 months ago #1 by Eddy Rich

• Thank you received:

• Birthdate: Unknown
  • Old Steam users was created by Eddy Rich
    So I bought TC2M back in 2011 when it was first on the Steam store, It later got taken off and I'm glad to see it return. However Steam seems to be treating it as a separate game. The store page for the re-release says I do not own it and the app ID seems to be different. There are even separate community hubs, one for the old release: steamcommunity.com/app/25840/ and one for the re-release: steamcommunity.com/app/392330. My question is; will owners of the old release be able to receive a key for the new release or will there be an attempt to somehow merge the two together? I would like to not end up with two copies of the game in my library if possible.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

4 years 10 months ago #2 by Little Powell

• NSD Designer
  • NSD Designer

• Thank you received: 1055

• Replied by Little Powell on topic Re: Old Steam users
    Even though there's really no difference between the original CD version and the new steam version, they are two separate builds, so would indeed show up as two separate games.

So you can either just keep your original TC2M in your steam Library, or purchase the new Steam version and remove the CD version. It's really up to you.

Keep in mind we are looking into extras for the Steam version at some point that won't be available for the original CD version.

4 years 10 months ago #3 by tominrichmond

• Thank you received: 2

• Replied by tominrichmond on topic Re: Old Steam users
    I bought the Steam version even though I have the CD, just to support y'alls good work. I do hope that the game is updated to include all the great CMP4 material that was modded, much of which I could not get to work on my old game.
    The following user(s) said Thank You: Little Powell

Moderators: JC Edwards