Layout as MMG forum?

Here you can talk about whatever floats your boat. Your favorite movie, sports team, etc. If it's a little racey, I suggest you post in R&R, otherwise we'll move it for you.
Joker
Reactions:

Layout as MMG forum?

Post by Joker »

HI guys,

I don't wont to sound to picky, but, isn't there a way you guys could make this forum look a bit like the MMG forum?

It just has that cozy warm feel to it, al this white makes me feel like I'm in a hospital :)
norb
Reactions:

Re:Layout as MMG forum?

Post by norb »

We are currently looking through site templates, it won't stay white but we need to find something we all like.
Joker
Reactions:

Post by Joker »

Good to know Norb, the company name is catchy though and the background looks cool.
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

looking great!!

10 times better Hurrah!
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
Joker
Reactions:

Post by Joker »

Yep, looks good Norb, great job :)
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thanks guys, just wanted to try something new.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thanks to John for cleaning up our logo. The new stuff looks very nice. I'm still not sure about going to the darkside :) But it's all I have for now, so unless a bunch start complaining, we'll stick with it. We are the darkside of MMG 8-)

The hardest part was finding a template that didn't squish these boards so much. Every template that I experimented with, squished the boards so that they wrapped. This one is working well. I just had to find a dark template for these boards too, so that they matched. It's so great how many free resources are out there for creating a great looking site, even our logo was a free site construct. I have very min. knowledge of php or mysql, but here is an entire site driven by such that I installed. Pretty cool.

Note that anyone can create front page content here, you just have to create the item, then submit it. Then one of us admins has to approve it and then it will be on the front page. Go ahead! I'm tired of writing and I'm sure John is too. That goes for the rest of the team as well :) I guess that it would be hard for them though until we announce, as writing about their work may give stuff away.

I actually installed something that is supposed to put a button on the screen when you open a news item, then that button is supposed to bring you to the forum so that you can directly comment on any news item. Needless to say it's not working although it seems to be set up correctly. It's called FireComment. I'll have to go to their boards and see what I'm doing wrong.
7th Wisconsin
Reactions:

Post by 7th Wisconsin »

I mean no disrespect, but the black backround feels like sand in my eyes.
Who is John Galt?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Thanks for your input. We're not sure yet what we are going to stick with. But your votes in.
Joker
Reactions:

Post by Joker »

Hi Norb,

Well, I first thought it was a good idea the black background, but, after a few months, I must say that it certainly isn't my favorit ! The buttons like Submit/preview/Cancel which are in dark grey are really hard to notice and see.

Also, the way the posts are represented, it's actually really difficult to see what's new, what belongs to where, etc...

Something similar like the MMG forums would be nice :)

Have been looking at the screenies, they look great, keep up the great work gentlemen :)

Love the smilies, would mind seeing a few more in that type though ;)