Scourge of War - Remastered announced

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Scourge of War - Remastered announced

Post by Little Powell »

8-)
Chichetr
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War - Remastered announced

Post by Chichetr »

Oh man!!!!! Those screenshots look AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Already wishlisted!

Theres just one little itsy bitsy thing Id like to address after viewing the screenshots. Now obviously I have no way of knowing how early or late stage a build these screenshots were taken from, but the first thing that jumped out at me was that I was still looking at the old stock toolbar.

Im just going to say it because you guys all know me, know where Im coming from, and know how much I love the game. That toolbar needs to go. It needs to be a distant memory. The Grog Toolbar is the only toolbar this game needs, its the only toolbar it ever needed. There has never been any debate about this within the community. I have never heard anyone say, "well I like the stock toolbar because it does this, this, and this, that the Grog Toolbar doesnt"
No ones ever said that because the Grog Toolbar does everything the stock one does and sooooooooo much more. It crushes the original toolbar by miles and miles.

In my opinion the Grog Toolbar should not just be a mod that new players first have to find out about, then find this website, and then figure out that they have to download it, activate it in game, etc etc. Thats to many steps, and its confusing to new players.

The Grog Toolbar needs to be the gold standard. It needs to completely replace the old stock toolbar and become the new stock toolbar.
As in, you buy the game, download, install, and boot up your first scenario, and The Grog Toolbar is the one thats there. It needs to be that simple.

I know it sounds like Im making a big deal over an interface, but take it from somone that dedicated years and years to mastering this game, I would not have stuck with it for as long as I did were it not for the Grog Toolbar. Thats how good it is, thats how essential it is. Without it, the game is just incomplete, and it needs to be finally, and once and for all integrated into the game seamlessly.

Other than that, the screenshots look great and Im super excited and happy for whats to come.
parmenio
Reactions:

Post by parmenio »

I agree with you that pretty much as soon as I got SOW, I ended up installing it (and watching your YT vids of course).
However, I ended up only using the KS Mod and an amended version of their toolbar.
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

Very exciting. Been spreading the word to people I know from other CW gaming communities that this is coming. Now I can send them something concrete.

One question, and apologies if this is found somewhere else and I missed it, but is this just going to be Waterloo/Napoleonic? Or is this Remastered release going to include the Civil War battles, too? Frankly, I'd be very disappointed if the Civil War wasn't in this and I would in all likelihood hold off on purchasing until the Civil War battles were included.

Thanks for all the hard work on this. Here's to the future of a great, great game.
52ndOx
Reactions:

Post by 52ndOx »

One little concern for me is that these development shots are showing 14-16 FPS?
If that is representative of how the remastered game runs then it would seem to be a decrease in performance instead of the hoped for increase.
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

YES! I've added this to my wishlist, so extremely excited!

......btw, do I spy SNOW maps?! Please, please, please tell me you guys are adding the Russians so I can fight Borodino, Jena–Auerstedt, Eylau!

So stoked guys. I cannot wait for early access!
duncan
Reactions:

Post by duncan »

Great !!
May we hope some ai rework too ?
I have played this week the whole waterloo battle and it's hard to micromanage all the units, even at division level.
Sometimes cavalry or infantry stays immobile in front of enemy arty and it's frustrating to see this waste of soldiers.
jonkarhu
Reactions:

Post by jonkarhu »

Ever since the original Bull Run captivated me back in 2005 with its rich tactical depth and historical accuracy, I have been a devoted fan. The series not only redefined real-time tactical warfare for me but also set a benchmark in historical command simulations. I'm so glad the remaster is on the horizon. It'll be a revisit to a chapter of my gaming life I hold dear, and I can't wait to forge new memories on these legendary battlegrounds with people online
DandyKing Of Cavalry
Reactions:

Post by DandyKing Of Cavalry »

The new detailed screenshots on Steam look fantastic, I cannot wait to dive into this game. Hopefully an early release will be available to purchase very soon...