Hello? Anyone home?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Hello? Anyone home?

Post by Davinci »

Your "Mods" folder is located in the "NorbSoftDev \ Scourge of War - Gettysburg" folder, and "Not" located in the Work folder , correct ?
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Hello everyone,

I have reinstalled from the Matrix site several times, then delete and try again when nothing works. I've tried downloading into different named folders each time, and even to no folder, just to the C: prompt. Nothing works.

Any idea when Norb's new game will be ready? I suppose I'll have to be content with just playing with the basic Gettysburg maps and OOBs until Norb completes it. But I sure miss my mods.

Thank you Davinci and Reb for trying to help. Much appreciated.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Correct, my Mods folder is not located in my Work folder.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

OK, just to be clear !

When you download from the Matrix SITE , is the ( download ) called "SoW-Gettysburg-UpdateComp-v161.exe" size 273,768 kb ?

The Mod folder is named "Mod" without the quotes , correct ?

I finally got the game to work, that download didn't install several files, but I have a backup drive with the games file located on it.

I don't think that the Forum allows for pictures to be posted !

I can install a compress ( Winrar ) file and try to send it to you via EMail, I'm not sure if the file size will allow it.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Pictures and files are easy to add via the Attachments option. Limit in size is 10 MBs. To display pictures (or screenshots, F4) here open them in any paint app, then save them as a Jpeg (my preference) and name them. Once converted and named go to your post, select edit mode, then Attachments, and click 'add attachment' ... navigate to your first picture and select open. Once it's uploaded, it'll take several seconds, you'll see a message to select where in your post you want the picture to be located. Click where you want it located...Click location message...Done. I've never had an issue with selecting and placement of pictures or files.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Here is what I download from the Matrix site:

First:

SoW-Gettysburg-SetupRelease-v150.exe

I assume that is the basic game, then:

SoW-Gettysburg-UpdateComp-v161

The game loads fine, the basic Gettysburg scenarios are there, but absolutely none of my mods appear, and I have moved those mods from pillar to post trying to get them to showup but, nada.
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

@ RebBugler - Thanks for the Picture info, I wasn't sure if that was updated after the Forum crash.

@ cliometrician - I only Installed the "SoW-Gettysburg-UpdateComp-v161" and not the first one you mentioned.

Leave the Installed Version on your Computer, and try installing the "SoW-Gettysburg-UpdateComp-v161" only in another directory.

The reason is that the game might not install all of the files, so you can use the Installed one and copy some of the files over to the second one.

Also, post a picture of your Game directory.