Scourge of War Update

Threads discussing NSD news items from the front page.
Deeter
Reactions:

Re: Scourge of War Update

Post by Deeter »

Please do something about the horrible interpretation of Napoleonic warfare. The idiocy of my subordinates killed the game for me. The game's concept is brilliant, let down by poor programming. I could give many examples, but one is enough: could never get all those pretty cav to follow charge orders not matter what.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

That's on me. I coded it all. We had some great experts trying to teach me how to do it correctly, but I never could get everything exactly how we wanted. We will work on getting it better as our releases are not going to be one stop, but an ongoing effort to be the best.
Joep123
Reactions:

Post by Joep123 »

Is there a way to buy or play the game?
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Currently there is no method to get the game. The only solution is to grab a copy of tc2m off of Steam. We are currently working on an early release copy of SOW x64 that will be on Steam as soon as possible. We will announce it here when ready.
Joep123
Reactions:

Post by Joep123 »

Thanks for the tip on tc2m picked it up and loving it so far. If the new game is anthing like it ill buy it as soon as its released! Keep up the good work
fffff
Reactions:

Post by fffff »

Greetings to all forum participants. How quickly time flies, exactly a year ago SoW disappeared from Steam products. Maybe it's time to still designate the release time of the new SoW? Developers Norb please show what you get? The community is waiting for this news, I think it was fair
Patrat618
Reactions:

Post by Patrat618 »

It might boost sales if the remastered game was released in the beginning of November, so it could take advantage of the hype for the new Napoleon movie.

Just a thought.
Theironbrigade
Reactions:

Post by Theironbrigade »

A graphics enhancement will attract gamers.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

I agree it would be fair, but I don't like making promises I am not sure I can keep. Right now there are some life issues with a few of the team and it's tough to have dates. I would love to get a prerelease version out this year. We are working towards that but we cannot make promises because we still have to hold our full time jobs and deal with life. It's not an excuse, but it really is the reason.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

norb wrote: Sat Sep 09, 2023 8:03 am I agree it would be fair, but I don't like making promises I am not sure I can keep. Right now there are some life issues with a few of the team and it's tough to have dates. I would love to get a prerelease version out this year. We are working towards that but we cannot make promises because we still have to hold our full time jobs and deal with life. It's not an excuse, but it really is the reason.
Make the game you want to make, and it takes however long it takes to make. Without Matrix Games breathing down your neck, you finally have all the time you need. Don't let anyone talk you into releasing something before it meets you and your teams standards. It might take longer than you would personally like, but in the long run, you'll be happier with the end result.

We live in an instant gratification world now, and people have forgotten that greatness takes time.