Once more unto the breach of crashing games

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

I know I must be trying the patience of anyone who helps me, but my problem of games crashing began when I got my new computer a week or so ago. I had saved my mods on an external hard drive and then copied them into the Gettysburg folder on my new computer--and something is wrong. For instance, I just started a game using only three mods: Random Maps 4, Bugles and Flags XIX, and Peninsula Campaign 1862. I stopped the game after one minute of play just to have a look at the log, and found this:
11:00:00  NOT FOUND ID - IDS_MAP_FARM
Would that have been enough to crash the game eventually? That's the kind of things I keep seeing in my crashed games.
I am trying to find collections of random maps, but mostly I've just found broken or "unavailable" links.
I can't find any recently completed map mods that I can use.
Any and all help will be greatly appreciated.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

The attachment SOWGB.log is no longer available

The attachment SOWGB.log is no longer available
Sigh, I just tried another game and it crashed as well. In this one I was using Bugles and Flags XII, Peninsula Campaign 1862 (which I just reinstalled), and I used the Alpine map.  Here is the log, and I could not find anything that might indicate an error.  Sharper eyes than mine are needed. Thank you for any help!

Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]

"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Log file looks clean, at least up to the crash.  You're using the old B&F version again, please update to XIX, maybe Win10 prefers the newer version.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Thank you, RebBugler, for your input.  Although my friend and I have used BandF XII without a hitch with Windows 10 for quite a few years, until I got a new computer, I have installed XIX and plan to use it.

One quick question re: Bugles and Flags XIX. On the mini-map the regiment icons are smaller than I'm used to, and too small for these old eyes. Years ago someone showed me how to change the size of the mini-map icons, but I can't remember how. Can you please point me in the right direction?  Thank you!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

One quick question re: Bugles and Flags XIX. On the mini-map the regiment icons are smaller than I'm used to, and too small for these old eyes. Years ago someone showed me how to change the size of the mini-map icons, but I can't remember how. Can you please point me in the right direction?  Thank you!
Go to Graphics/Screens and find the file 'Map_Icons.tga' Rename or delete it and you're back to stock map icons.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Thank you! Much appreciated.
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Below I have copied a log of a solitaire game I tried today. I used B&G XIX, plus a new set of maps I just downloaded today, from the New GCM. The game crashed about 10 min. in. The log seems to indicate that the problem is with the map. If this is so, then I don't know what random maps I can possibly use--searches for others reveal mostly NOT FOUND results.

With my old computer I never had game crashes like this, and that was with Windows 10 as well. I'm beginning to think there are no maps I can use without my game crashing. I'm just about at the end of my rope, but I'll tie and knot and hang on until help arrives.
Attachments

[The extension log has been deactivated and can no longer be displayed.]