Seeking information about Battle of Secessionville

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Chichetr
Reactions:

Post by Chichetr »

Hey guys!!

I hope everyone is keeping healthy!!!

A few months ago I saw a post that someone made a battle of Secessionville scenario (VERY COOL!).

I bought a house on Secessionville road recently and have been doing daily jogs/walks around the battlefield. A lot of the battlefield has been taken over by houses sadly, but some of the fort still exists.

The real shame of it is that there is VERY little information I can find about the actual battle itself (specific information). There is a "visitor presentation" but it is EXTREMELY poorly done and not well maintained.

By specific information I mean, SPECIFICS about troop movements, deployments, a timeline of what happened exactly.

Does anyone have any suggestions about potential source material about the battle itself? I have seemed to exhaust my resources over here. Just wondering if you guys could help.

Also, where is the secessionville scenario, would be neat to play it now!
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Apr 22, 2020 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Hey guys!!

I hope everyone is keeping healthy!!!

A few months ago I saw a post that someone made a battle of Secessionville scenario (VERY COOL!).

I bought a house on Secessionville road recently and have been doing daily jogs/walks around the battlefield. A lot of the battlefield has been taken over by houses sadly, but some of the fort still exists.

The real shame of it is that there is VERY little information I can find about the actual battle itself (specific information). There is a "visitor presentation" but it is EXTREMELY poorly done and not well maintained.

By specific information I mean, SPECIFICS about troop movements, deployments, a timeline of what happened exactly.

Does anyone have any suggestions about potential source material about the battle itself? I have seemed to exhaust my resources over here. Just wondering if you guys could help.

Also, where is the secessionville scenario, would be neat to play it now!
Hi Chichetr - Very cool stuff! I lived in Charleston for 4 years. I spent quite a bit of time at Secessionville and studied the battle extensively. I would highly recommend "Secessionville - Assault on Charleston" by Patrick Brennan. It's it's an excellent, detailed account on the battle, and one of my favorite Civil War books. It was my main source for creating the map. Hope you enjoy the map! You can take a virtual stroll around your neighborhood, but watch out for virtual artillery shells. :)