Tigers On the Right

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
Alice1
Reactions:

Tigers On the Right

Post by Alice1 »

I don't remember the scenario number because I've just been skipping through to all of Reb's scenarios so I can get them out of the way :) but this is one of very few where the time limit seems to be my primary problem. I can keep my score steadily increasing and take the first two objectives almost every time, but it takes so long to push all the various defenders off the first objective that by the time I finally get to the third one, and the reb reinforcements come in to protect it, I don't have long enough left to recoup the points I need, even with the help of my own reinforcements.

I've tried everything I can think of to speed things up, double timing everybody, selectively double timing people, micromanaging positioning to make sure it's maximally effective, and every combination of orders I can think of, but the closest I've gotten is 1350 (which isn't terrible considering I only need 1500 for a Minor, but getting that close just makes it more aggravating).

Any other tips on speeding up capture? The only thing I can think of that I haven't tried yet is focusing completely on engagement points and just trying to rout everybody, but I doubt that will work.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Tigers On the Right

Post by RebBugler »

The variants on this one aren't too extreme, so just being persistent should eventually get you a win.

Only advice I have is to get to the last objective as soon as possible, for it offers the most possible points for victory.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Alice1
Reactions:

Re: Tigers On the Right

Post by Alice1 »

It did. I just had to be very patient and not go for the first objective until there was literally no one left anywhere near it (at around 400 engagement points) Other than that just making liberal use of All Out Attack and double timing Farnsworth up once I got him. Also using the minimum number of men to hold each objective (roughly one regiment each, except for the final one) and letting the rest continue to press the attack.