Selling it

General Question/Answer/Announcement about NSD. We are a small independent game development team and we value our community. If you ask, we'll answer.
Amish John
Reactions:

Selling it

Post by Amish John »

Do you plan to develop a \"storefront\" web site where you will sell the game?
You can get farther with a kind word and a gun than you can with a kind word alone.
norb
Reactions:

Re:Selling it

Post by norb »

I'm not sure yet. I doubt that we will go only with a traditional publisher, if at all. I've just only had bad experiences there. So we will be involved directly with selling the game somehow. I would like to try the Steam delivery platform, it seems to work well. If not them, then some type of direct download service like Digital River or maybe Gamespy. The one thing I am not sure of yet is if a boxed version will even exist. If we ever hope to have hobby shops or historical stores carry us, then we need a box. We will need to print a manual to sell. Many questions, but until we have something to sell most of these can wait.

Right now I am most impressed with Valve and their Steam platform. Seems very reliable and they are very developer friendly. I use it myself for Half Life 2 and have had no problems. Must more reliable than Gamer's Gate or other smaller delivery systems.
estabu2
Reactions:

Post by estabu2 »

Steam sounds like a good choice. It seems alot of people use steam for their games, I have not used it but have gotten demo's and it works pretty smooth. Do you really need a manual for the game to be boxed? If you have a tutorial can't that be enough or is it bad to have a boxed game and no manual? Honestly, I never looked at the manual for TC2M except to read what was written about the battle.
"It is strange, to have a shell come so near you...you can feel the wind."
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Some people really like manuals, so we want to provide it for those that want it. Probably in both PDF and a printed version.
Vonviper
Reactions:

Post by Vonviper »

Hope so no card here nor do i plan on ever pay and download any game..

if i can't get it from a store down the street i guess i won't be gettin it...
Two turn tables and a micro-phone
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Hopefully we'll find someway to get it to you. It's just not worth it to get it on store shelves. It just costs too much.