Crashing Waterloo

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
DarkRob
Reactions:

Re: Crashing Waterloo

Post by DarkRob »

Hello DarkRob:

If I disable the pop-up context menu, the orders I give to division and brigade commanders will not be transmitted to subordinate units.

Whether the pop-up context menu is enabled or not, the game still crashes. Boo-hoo.
The context menu has nothing to do with orders being transmitted.

However, if your game is still crashing, something else is wrong. What scenario are you trying to play?
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Thanks for that DarkRob

The games crashes in all scenarios and all battles.

Best,
John
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Thanks for that DarkRob

The games crashes in all scenarios and all battles.

Best,
John
I'm racking my brain trying to think of what the problem could be. Are you running Windows 10? Did you buy the game recently?

I vaguely remember something about the game crashing on Windows 10 if the game was updated to patch 1.03 without first having 1.02

If you got the game recently and updated through the matrix installer, it's possible it just went from the base game directly to 1.03, without first updating to 1.02

Really we need Reb or Mitra to help you with this one. This one is out of my area of expertise. But I suggest doing what Reb initially advised and posting your log file.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Actually, Paolo over at Slitherine suggested I do just what you recommend, downloading successive versions of Waterloo.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

If it's an install issue, read this:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-a ... ixes#79395

I didn't mention this fix because you mentioned this was a Steam purchase.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

If it's an install issue, read this:
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/nuts-a ... ixes#79395

I didn't mention this fix because you mentioned this was a Steam purchase.
Matrix Games really needs to clean that mess up. Its a lot to expect of new players to figure that out themselves.

At this point they should discontinue the base game and separate DLC's and just sell the collectors edition and update the installer to automatically update it in the correct order. Id hate to think we're losing possible new players to this nonsense and they end up missing out on one of the great wargames of all time.
Last edited by DarkRob on Fri Jan 10, 2020 12:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Hi ReBugler:

I don't think it was a Steam purchase. Anyway, I've followed your instructions to the letter. We're almost there, I think. Hers are the Mods, in order (from top to bottom)

Expanded Toolbar - Grog
Expanded ToolbarVIII - Grog (i)
Full French Campaign
Toobar Expanded - Grog

I checked all the mods. But there are still problems. Right oblique, Left Oblique, line hold and many other buttons don't show up. There is a moveable bar on the screen.
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hi ReBugler:

I don't think it was a Steam purchase. Anyway, I've followed your instructions to the letter. We're almost there, I think. Hers are the Mods, in order (from top to bottom)

Expanded Toolbar - Grog
Expanded ToolbarVIII - Grog (i)
Full French Campaign
Toobar Expanded - Grog

I checked all the mods. But there are still problems. Right oblique, Left Oblique, line hold and many other buttons don't show up. There is a moveable bar on the screen.
No you only want the version 8.5 grog toolbar(the one you downloaded from this site today) Delete all the other grog toolbars. Uncheck Full French Campaign. The only mod you should have enabled is the Grog Toolbar 8.5
massena
Reactions:

Post by massena »

Hi Folks:

I checked Expanded ToolbarVIII - Grog (i), and unchecked everything else (not deleted), on the Mod screen. Problem still unsolved. Right oblique, Left Oblique, line hold, charge, advance when engaged and many other buttons don't show up. Incredible.

Is version 8.5 grog bar the same as Expanded Toolbar VIII?
DarkRob
Reactions:

Post by DarkRob »

Hi Folks:

I checked Expanded ToolbarVIII - Grog (i), and unchecked everything else (not deleted), on the Mod screen. Problem still unsolved. Right oblique, Left Oblique, line hold, charge, advance when engaged and many other buttons don't show up. Incredible.

Is version 8.5 grog bar the same as Expanded Toolbar VIII?
I'm still running 8.4 so I haven't looked at 8.5 yet. If you aren't sure which one is correct just delete all of them and redownload 8.5 from the first post in the Grog Toolbar thread and make sure that's the only one you put in the mod folder.

If you still are experiencing problems after that then I'm really out of ideas. Almost all of us use the Grog Toolbar exclusively and I've never heard of an issue like this.