location of SOWGB?

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
jlan5031
Reactions:

location of SOWGB?

Post by jlan5031 »

I just downloaded and installed the SOWGB Anniversary 161 folder into my new Windows 10 computer. It works, but when I tried to download the additions from my account, beginning with the Brandy Station 161 update,
the updater states I don't have the Anniversary 161 game installed, and I must install it first.
My first question is where is the Anniversary version installed when it is downloaded? I have put it in a C/Matrix folder.
My second question is what could I j have done to cause the problem? I've updated the *.exe files for Windows 7 and Act as Administrator. I changed from autorun.exe to SOWGB.exe, since the autorun.exe takes me to a window that doesn't seem to go anywhere.
Any help greatly appreciated.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: location of SOWGB?

Post by RebBugler »

C:\Matrix Games is the location of my installation for Win10. I just installed it this year on a new system along with some DLCs with no issues. All the procedures you followed appear correct so I'm at a loss regarding your issue. I do know that the anniversary issue has its own unique reg number, maybe the updater is reading a previous installation, or some kind of mix up with reg numbers.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
jlan5031
Reactions:

Re: location of SOWGB?

Post by jlan5031 »

RebBugler,
Thanks for your response, but I never solved the problem. What I did do was copy the game folder from my W10 laptop and installed it into my new computer. It works fine now.