Re: No Text

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
John S
Reactions:

No Text

Post by John S »

A few years ago I had this problem with Windows 10 arise on my older computer but, sadly, I cannot recall the solution.

I installed Gettysburg on my new computer. Also installed update v 161 which I understand is the most recent. When I go into the game, the opening screen shows no text whatsoever. I am entering as administrator but this makes change no help. Funny, I remember from the past exactly where the "Exit" screen is so I can get back to my computer with no text. Wish I remembered more.

As I said, I had EXACTLY this problem on my old computer. We solved it but, feeling like an idiot now, I cannot find the record of the steps taken to fix it. Any help, much appreciated.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Sep 18, 2020 5:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
John S
Reactions:

Post by John S »

Wonderful. Worked perfectly. Thanks so much. I recalled that it was a relatively simple fix - this time IO will keep a record of what needs to be done.

You made my day!!
1norselad
Reactions:

Post by 1norselad »

Hi Reb

Please can you let me know what to do with this the link doesn't appear to be working and i have the exact same problem

Look forward to hearing from you

Kind regards

Harry
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Set Compatibility...

1. Right click SOWGB shortcut
2. Go to Properties/Compatibility
3. Set compatibility to Win 7 or XP
4. Save and close

Don't know why that link isn't working, its address is adjusted for the updated website. Anyone got a clue?
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...