More reported issues with Patch v1.03 - And Fixes

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
RebBugler
Reactions:

More reported issues with Patch v1.03 - And Fixes

Post by RebBugler »

Just recently I upgraded to a Win10 fairly high octane PC. Tried unsuccessfully to move over my fully patched SOW titles (SOW Team versions) so went to the downloads through Matrix. No issues with GB or the original WL installs but then came Patch v1.03 for WL...CTD at the end of loading scenario or sandbox games. Uninstalled WL and downloaded again, reinstalled both with same CTD result after installing the patch. Remembered the v1.02 Patch discussion and downloaded and installed it followed by installing the v1.03 patch, to no avail, same crash result...And, the same ERRORS in the Log file causing the crash.

I put off this report waiting for confirmation that there is indeed an issue with the v1.03 patch. It didn't take long, this report on the Matrix forum appeared two days ago.

Fortunately I stumbled upon a fix. For the heck of it I installed and activated the latest Grog Toolbar and Eureka, no crash with v103 installed. After further log error inspections and testing I've found that the real fix is Jace11's Foliage mod, which was incorporated into the Grog Toolbar back in 2016. So, for folks that don't wish to play using the Grog Toolbar they can just use the Foliage mod and experience the stock game as originally designed. Here's the zipped Foliage (Packed Terrain Sprites) mod:
The attachment PackedTerrainSprites.zip is no longer available
Some Questions, Comments, and Observations

- Even with this fix the log file still shows 63 'Unknown Packed Sprite' ERRORS.
- The fix does eliminate other log errors concerning sprite textures.
- With the SOW Team patches the Hannover flags were replaced, but not with these Matrix versions. Still, the mod fix is HERE.
- Does v103 include v102? If not, why isn't v102 included in the members download section instead of being located in that separate download section?
- Can't find the v102 fixes listing.
- The version number still displays as v1.0106 in the MP window, haven't seen v1.03 displayed at all
- I'm guessing (can't find the listing) v103 is working because Aattach (attaches all detached subordinates) works correctly. Also TC (tcommon) has been dynamically altered, enabling TC'd subordinates to be controlled by their officers...Sometimes. Still don't understand it fully, but I don't like it. I just see it as TC being corrupted now because TC had a vital detachment role, but that role is dead with v103.

Apologies for my oversights and not recognizing these patch errors when I was an active member of the SOW team. Since we already had a WL Team version that we updated constantly it was difficult (for me) to assure a clean install when testing the Matrix downloads. Eventually we had several versions installed. Still, I remember never getting a v1.03 readout in the MP window, but the patch did work, with no log errors, I think. :huh:
Attachments
PackedTerrainSprites.zip
(1.22 MiB) Downloaded 20 times
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: More reported issues with Patch v1.03 - And Fixes

Post by mitra76 »

Randy which one 1.3 did you download? that one of basic version or that one of collectors? they same of different dimensions. Originally Matrix made a mistake uploading patch 1.3 I wonder if they corrected only one of two links.
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Randy which one 1.3 did you download? that one of basic version or that one of collectors? they same of different dimensions. Originally Matrix made a mistake uploading patch 1.3 I wonder if they corrected only one of two links.
These are the downloads I used. Both use the same serial number.
The attachment MatrixWLDownloads.jpg is no longer available
Attachments
MatrixWLDownloads.jpg
MatrixWLDownloads.jpg (369.57 KiB) Viewed 994 times
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

Not the 1.02 too? how much big was the 1.03 linked here? 6 mega?
r59
Reactions:

Post by r59 »

Mine is 125MB.
ScourgeOfWar-UpdateComp-v103.zip, basic version.
Last edited by r59 on Sat Jun 15, 2019 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Zipped, it is 127MB. Unzipped it is 125MB
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

I wonder if is the correct; the changes of 1.03 are tiny, the dimension for the collector edition is more correct 6 mega and 1.02 has to be installed before it. I think matrix patch 1.03 for the normal edition should include 1.02 but is missing something.

try to install all the patches in the correct sequence 1.01, 1.02 and download the patch 1.03 of collector edition.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I wonder if is the correct; the changes of 1.03 are tiny, the dimension for the collector edition is more correct 6 mega and 1.02 has to be installed before it. I think matrix patch 1.03 for the normal edition should include 1.02 but is missing something.

try to install all the patches in the correct sequence 1.01, 1.02 and download the patch 1.03 of collector edition.
Can't comply because I don't know where patch 1.01 is located and I don't have access to a collectors edition serial number. Pretty sure the v103 patch for the Collectors Edition is only available once the Collectors Edition is registered.

Regardless, this procedure is a mess and needs a complete overhaul.
mitra76
Reactions:

Post by mitra76 »

1.01 now i remember is included in 1.02, all the 1.03 are in the members area, "Members Only Downloads" section, you find all the patches also of the games you have not registred.
voltigeur
Reactions:

Post by voltigeur »

Reb I'd be happy to upload any required WL patches that you need, just let me know