"not connected to server"

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
bewhite
Reactions:

"not connected to server"

Post by bewhite »

I just bought SOW Gettysberg. I play MP with all my games. with this one, I cannot get on multiplayer. I submitted the issue to Martix games who I bought this game from and they directed me here. please, if your advice is "read the manual" don't bother. I've done most everything. Is there even an active server for this game anymore? How do I get on multiplayer? I think there is something wrong from the sellers side. This needs to be fixed or I need to get my money back for the game. I should just be able to join the lobby and play. If I can't do that then something is wrong with this game. any advice?
exp101
Reactions:

Re: "not connected to server"

Post by exp101 »

If you simply need to get into the Multi-Player lobby to get a game going, the problem is a bug that developed some time back. Fortunately, the fix is as easy as downloading and installing (copy & paste) a new "host" file. For a link to the file and instructions on where to put it, see NGCM's Setup and Install page at http://ngcmsow.com/installinstructions.php
(see lower left area of screen)

BTW, there is a very robust multi-player community at NGCM. We play every day -- often with more than a dozen players. Check it out while you're over getting the host file.
Last edited by exp101 on Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bewhite
Reactions:

Post by bewhite »

That didn't work. Do you go in through the lobby after doing this or do you go in the Host part? Either way I tried doing both. Nothing changed.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

I'm in your Discord channel now if you have a second.
bewhite
Reactions:

Post by bewhite »

I'm there