A Teaser ...

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Jolly
Reactions:

A Teaser ...

Post by Jolly »

I'm having fun both playing and working on a graphical makeover on a map done by 'Little Powell' some time ago now.

Anyone care to hazard a guess as to which map?
(apart from Matt!) ;)
The attachment Untitled-1_2018-11-09.jpg is no longer available
David(jolly)
Attachments
Untitled-1_2018-11-09.jpg
Untitled-1_2018-11-09.jpg (380.79 KiB) Viewed 170 times
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: A Teaser ...

Post by Davinci »

I sort of Cheated and looked at the Released Maps Section:

So, either "Fort Wagner" or "Secessionville"!

davinci
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

It 'aint them Davinci!

Not much to go on so it's a bit unfair, but ah well, fun all the same.

It's name ends with 'burg', but not as in 'Gettys' :)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

Hmm, I don't remember "Little Powell" - doing any Map that ended with "burg".

Fredericksburg, Sharpsburg, Petersburg, etc...

Now, "Little Powell" was the go-to Man for posting a "Mod" on the "Forums", so are you sure that he created the map, or posted the map?

davinci
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

After checking some more I'm a tad confused too as to where I got this from, and who created the map!
It's not on the forum list.

The map is LYNCHBURG, but the only info I can see is that from the scenarios produced by LP and also RB.
They will know more about this than I do as to the map creator details etc! ;)
The attachment Untitled-2_2018-11-10.jpg is no longer available
David(jolly)
Attachments
Untitled-2_2018-11-10.jpg
Untitled-2_2018-11-10.jpg (302.16 KiB) Viewed 170 times
Last edited by Jolly on Sun Nov 11, 2018 9:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I've just dug a bit more and here we are ...

http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/offici ... g-released
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

After checking some more I'm a tad confused too as to where I got this from, and who created the map!
It's not on the forum list.

The map is LYNCHBURG, but the only info I can see is that from the scenarios produced by LP and also RB.
They will know more about this than I do as to the map creator details etc! ;)
...........................................................................................................
Version 1.0
Author: Little Powell, RebBugler, LouiRaider, 2nd Texas

This a standalone mod for Scourge Of War - Gettysburg. It is a special project we did for Liberty College in Lynchburg, VA for the 150th commemoration of the battle.
...........................................................................................................

Guessing Here!.....

LouieRaider and 2ndTexas - Probably created the Map for that Special Project listed above.

Little Powell and RebBugler - Probably created the Scenario's, and RebBugler created all of the Flags.

Just My guess!

davinci
Jolly
Reactions:

Post by Jolly »

I think you have it there Davinci.

These things get so easily forgotton about with the modern day pace of things, yet are still so revalent!

David(jolly)
Davinci
Reactions:

Post by Davinci »

These things get so easily forgotten about with the modern day pace of things, yet are still so relevant!
Going Off Memory here, so some of this might be incorrect!

LouieRaider - was the Original Map Maker when the game was first released.

Little Powell - was the coordinator for making sure everything was working correctly, sort of "Norb's" right-hand, so that "Norb" could concentrate on other things.

So, if any Map was released in the past, you had to go through him to get it posted, ect...

RebBugler - designed the Scenario's, but his "Flags" were not released with the game, only as a "Mod", never understood why, his flags were better than the released game flags.

2ndTexas - took over making the Maps after LouieRaider stepped down.

Now, the structures were probably designed by LouieRaider, I don't remember anyone else ever making any.

The Power-Render Program has program for making them but its sort of hard to understand it, I surely never understood how it worked.

Tim and bedbug were also with the game at the time, but I'm not sure if they helped with the structures, or if they designed them, one of the "Team-Members" at the time would better know that answer.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sun Nov 11, 2018 2:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Lynchburg is my baby, actually. :)

I made the map. I actually visited Lynchburg for research. I talked to the town historian, obtained some maps, studied the ground. Ft. Early (in the middle of the map) is still there today.

LouiRaider helped with the 3D models. He created the historic buildings, most notably the covered bridge. Rebugler created the flags and we split the scenarios.

It was a rewarding experience studying and creating the map for this little known battle.
Last edited by Little Powell on Sun Nov 11, 2018 11:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.