Social Networking: Let's Spread the Word!

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
bschulte
Reactions:

Social Networking: Let's Spread the Word!

Post by bschulte »

All,

I thought it might be a good idea to connect and spread the word via Social Networking sites such as Twitter, Facebook, and StumbleUpon.

Feel free to list links to your personal sites here for these and other Social Networking pages. If you see a Tweet about War 3DII Gettysburg, retweet it! If you see a new web page about the game, Stumble It! If you see some cool new information on the game, share it on Facebook! Let's get the word out and ensure the game has a wide following. You never know who the next great modder might be!

Brett's Social Networking Sites:
Twitter - @bschulte
StumblUpon - bschulte1978
Facebook - TOCWOC - A Civil War Blog
norb
Reactions:

Re:Social Networking: Let's Spread the Word!

Post by norb »

Being here it seems that people know about the game, and if you search you will find lots of talk about it. But still, there are a ton of people that never heard about what we do here, people that would love this type of game. So every bit of PR works. We don't have the budget, so word of mouth and mouse is all we have.
Flanyboy
Reactions:

Post by Flanyboy »

Not trying to brag or anything but I work as a summer SEO intern. In other words I send emails all day to websites (not spam actual crafted emails) asking them to put my companies website on their links page and thus improve our search engine results. The past two days I have been focusing on Civil War sites (my company is a stock imaging company) and have sent out emails to 100+ civil war related websites. Just wanted to pass along that in each of those emails I have included a final paragraph about this game. I think it helped to make me seem more genuine about my interest in the civil war (because for all the people I am emailing know, I don't have any interest in the Civil War and thus they would be less likely to put my companies link up)Anyway just wanted to pass on the word. A couple of the webmasters I emailed expressed a desire to find out more about the game and I even forwarded the link to your homepage on to a couple.

That got me to thinking. Norb do you need a little Search Engine Optimizing help? If your site has specific keywords you want it to come up under I could during some of my free time I could try to increase your Google page rank and thus increase traffic to your site by getting links on other related websites (computer game, civil war, etc.)

I don't imagine by myself I could get your homepage's page rank up even a full point but I could at least potentially have it show up a few spaces higher on Google search results as well as increase traffic to the site.
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

That would very much appreciated Flany, let's continue this in email. Shoot me one norb @ this site.

We have a Facebook Product page that people can become a fan of and a facebook group.

That is awesome about you sending out our information in your emails. This is just the sort of stuff that works for us.
jri
Reactions:

Post by jri »

I sent a link to both sites of a company that converts Winodows programs so they will operate in Linux. Specifically Ubuntu distribution. I have noticed Linux is popular in Europe and Austraila. We already have many Europeans. I hope that expands interest.

I have installed Ubuntu on my old PIII and it is a very fine operating systems that comes with Open Office Suite and all kinds of programs.

Norb should be hearing from them, I hope. :)
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

You could always try get Wal Mart into your thing but that is probably a bit hard and costs a ton money that you could put into the game.
:unsure: Although if you did get the game sold at Wal Mart you would make more money hmmm I have to think about this for a minute.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
Joshua l.Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Joshua l.Chamberlain »

I'm going to other sites and post things on there about this game because there are people who would play this.
"There stands Jackson like a stone wall! Let us be determined to die here and we will conquer!"
-Brig.Gen. Bernard Bee, Henry House
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
You could always try get Wal Mart into your thing but that is probably a bit hard and costs a ton money that you could put into the game.
:unsure: Although if you did get the game sold at Wal Mart you would make more money hmmm I have to think about this for a minute.
Been down that road with CWBR, it was in every major retailer in the US. Not worth it. Made more on TC2M which was in virtually no stores.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

norb wrote:
Joshua l.Chamberlain wrote:
Been down that road with CWBR, it was in every major retailer in the US. Not worth it. Made more on TC2M which was in virtually no stores.
That is interesting! I purchased TC2M through a local game outlet in one of the larger Omaha malls. In fact, was there this morning and asked them if there were any new CW games on the horizon and they said "no", but did suggest one by the History Channel. :laugh:
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
norb
Reactions:

Post by norb »

Stores won't know about it, fact is that store PC game sales is way down. Reason being that it's much easier to just download. That's the advantage that the PC still has, though is losing.