Game automatically double starts and then kicks me out when I start playing.

Game won't run. Keeps crashing. Hopefully we won't get any posts here, but if we do, we'll try to help you out. You can also post any bugs that you find here. IMPORTANT: Don't post mod related problems here!
BillF
Reactions:

Game automatically double starts and then kicks me out when I start playing.

Post by BillF »

Have a weird problem I don't recall seeing here before. This problem only started after a recent Microsoft 10 update.

I click on my shortcut and the start screen comes up normally, but as soon as it does it makes the start up tone again. If I get out of the game, there are 2 shortcut icons on the taskbar. If I play a game it will seem to load normally but will kick me out shortly afterwards. For example, started, pulled up the map to see my position, and when I hit the X to close the map the game closed down and I was back in my windows startup with the 2 icons on the taskbar. Never had this problem before the update a week ago. Cannot figure out why I have another icon and how to get rid of it, (There is only one shortcut icon on my screen, the second one shows up automatically.)
Davinci
Reactions:

Re: Game automatically double starts and then kicks me out when I start playing.

Post by Davinci »

It is possible that "You" are double Clicking the Icon twice.

Try a Right Click - and choose Open.

Also - You could try the icon that is in the Games Directory - instead on the icon on the Desktop!

I have never known this Game too Run-Twice - but I have done it with "Arma 3" and the game doesn't crash but runs extremely slow!
EDIT Post : I just tried it, SOWGB can be Started Twice at the same time.
I didn't test it, Only started another game while loading the first one.

davinci
Last edited by Davinci on Sat May 26, 2018 1:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The only true logic is that, there is no true logic!
BillF
Reactions:

Re: Game automatically double starts and then kicks me out when I start playing.

Post by BillF »

Just played tonight and it worked OK. Don't think I was doing anything different (like double clicking) after all of the years I've been playing it, but maybe I did... I'll see what happens in the future and keep your suggestions in mind.

Thanks for your help. I've never been disappointed when I've had to turn to you for assistance.

BillF