New Version of the KS Napoleon Mod Released

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Re: New Version of the KS Napoleon Mod Released

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

Thanks for the kind words. You should be all set up thanks to Martin James. Feel free to join any of our discussions on the KS forum, ask questions, make suggestions, etc. You are also welcome to join us in a game. We usually play 3 times a week.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
gehrig38
Reactions:

Post by gehrig38 »

Let me just add one more thing. I REALLY hope this line of games will continue and expand!
You never know how strong you can be until being strong is the only choice you have.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

Let me just add one more thing. I REALLY hope this line of games will continue and expand!
Thanks Curt, that means a lot coming from you. I'm glad you are enjoying our games!
gehrig38
Reactions:

Post by gehrig38 »

Let me also add one more thing. I managed to intervene with some close friends in the early 1990s to save Advanced Squad Leader with MMP. I would have interest in helping out financially in whatever road map you may have for this line of games.
You never know how strong you can be until being strong is the only choice you have.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

New versions of the KS SOWWL Napoleon, (version 1.31), mod and KS SOW Supplemental Maps, (version 1.21), have been uploaded. You can find the link to the KS Forum in the first post of this thread.

Changes in this and the last version which wasn't mentioned here include:
1. Guarding units with cavalry has been improved.
2. Formed infantry makes a greater effort to run off enemy skirmishers.
3. Artillery counterbattery fire has been tweaked a bit to make disabling enemy guns more likely.
4. As a division commander, you will receive a message from a brigade commander when he first sees the enemy approaching and another when he first becomes engaged. This message will tell you the direction of the enemy from his perspective and also the size of the force he sees. You will only receive this message if you are more than 500 yd. from the brigade commander. These messages are sent in both MP and SP.
5. When a division has no more combat effective infantry brigades, the rest of the division will withdraw from the battle. If the division has a cavalry brigade attached, it will screen the withdrawal. If the corps commander is a human player, then a message will be sent to him informing him of the unfortunate occurrence.
6. A number of smaller AI behavior changes have been implemented.
7. The weather command has been implemented for MP scripting. See the Multi-Player scripting manual for details.
8. New maps from Crikey have been added: Montebello, Almansa, Blindheim, Fontheim, Ramilies and Luzzara. The last five are from his Lace Wars mod and are especially nice and atmospheric.
9. A new 10 mile map, Kelheim has been added. This is a reworking of Mark Tewes' very nice, large, Manassas map. Several new scenarios on this map have been added, (Austrian Scenario 58, French Scenario 113 & 118).
10. The bare, Prussian, Random Map 723 has buildings, fortifications, etc. added. There are existing scenarios that use this map.

The Mod Manual has been updated with new information. It can be found in the KS SOW Napoleon Mod Manual folder.
52ndOx
Reactions:

Post by 52ndOx »

A request to the KS developers if I may?

I don't actually play the mod, even though it looks interesting, and it is clear that a massive amount of work has gone into it. Congratulations to all involved.

I am still quite new to SOW, but am developing my own modest Iberian based mod.

I see there are lots of nice Spanish assets in KS. Troop sprites for both Spanish and Portuguese fusiliers, terrain sprite textures and Spanish style object libraries.

Is it possible that I can use them? Would be a huge help to me.
I can't see who owns the rights, so I am asking here about permissions.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

In the Modifications screen, just click on the appropriate mod name. It will list the authors of the various items in the mods. For example, Gunship24 did the sprites. Crikey did the Spanish maps and buildings.
52ndOx
Reactions:

Post by 52ndOx »

In the Modifications screen, just click on the appropriate mod name. It will list the authors of the various items in the mods. For example, Gunship24 did the sprites. Crikey did the Spanish maps and buildings.
Cheers. I'll try to contact them directly.
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

A new version of the KS Napoleon Mod, (1.32) has been uploaded. Besides the usual AI behavior improvements there have been a couple of additions.
1. Company-sized skirmish units have been added. These reflect the historic, tactical use of French voltigeur and British light companies. They also mimic the deployment of the third rank as skirmishers in the other European armies. The full battalion deployment of other units such as jagers, tirailleurs and some light infantry battalions are still there. These new smaller units are almost entirely controlled by the AI. See the KS Mod manual for details.
Several new scenarios have been added which use the new company-sized skirmishers, Austrian Scenarios 66 & 68, French Scenarios 127 & 130, Prussian Scenario 25 and Russian Scenario 69. The older scenario still use the full battalion-size skirmish units.
The OOB subfolder now has a set of OOBs which incorporate the new skirmish units. The older OOBs which use the full battalion-size units are also there.

2. Supply trains have been added. These are not ammo wagons which resupply units during battle. These represent the wagon trains that accompanied armies. As such, they are targets for enemy units. They can be added to scenarios via the latest version of the KS SOW Scenario Generator, (1.61).

The KS Supplemental Maps have also been updated, version 1.22. These contain various fixes and improvements to existing maps.

Also, the KS SOW Scenario Generator and KS Replay Viewer have also been updated.

The link to the forum where the mod can be downloaded is in the first post of this thread.
montecristo1981
Reactions:

Post by montecristo1981 »

Sounds promising.

Supply trains have been a major itch of mine ever since playing an awesome CV (maybe AM) retreat mission years ago..

Scenarios that don't take notice of the line of retreat or your lines of supply always seem to me to give too much freedom to the commandeer. Cavalry scenarios in particular - cavalry very unloved in SP.

Do you think you will have any screenshots of a big supply train?