Go to Me?

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
mcaryf
Reactions:

Go to Me?

Post by mcaryf »

My version of SOW (1.1) seems to have developed a strange fault whereby the Go to Me button no longer operates or occasionally sends me to some other officer than the one who I am.

I first noticed it when I updated my version of Grog Tool Bar to 5.5 but I have since switched off all the mods and tried it with the vanilla game and it is still doing it.

I do mess about with OOB's and some other game files e.g.I recently tried to introduce Lances and Swords as a weapon type but I do not think any of those changes would have this effect and it still happens in the vanilla game.

Suggestions?

Mike
mcaryf
Reactions:

Re: Go to Me?

Post by mcaryf »

Unfortunately this is going to make me look slightly foolish but it may help others.

I discovered that I could get Steam to check the integrity of my standard game files and when it said it had corrected two of my files I was quite hopeful but the problem remained with Go to Me not functioning. I then went right back to basics removed all my mods and played the Tutorial and found to my surprise that rather than being asked to move the British 28th regiment I was actually controlling an Imperial Guard unit. It was then that I remembered that just before I had a break of several months with ill-health, I had experimented with setting some debug values in the .ini file to allow myself to be able to issue orders to both sides. I had wanted to check why some Prussian units were not exiting the map in my Wavre variant where the French player's task is to delay Prussian army units from moving to Waterloo. I had the game set up so when a Prussian unit reached an objective on the Eastern edge it should become frozen and hidden. I did find the problem was that some other units were stopping short of the objective because of congestion with units that were not programmed to exit from the same point. Unfortunately I then had my break and forgot about my .ini setting. I guess that since I could issue commands to both sides the game no longer knew who "I" was. I have taken off the debug setting and my problem is resolved.

Regards

Mike