So this place is still kicking?

Let's talk about TC2M! Put your questions and comments here.
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

So this place is still kicking?

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

I'm not sure who is really active anymore from the old TC2M forums, but on a whim I logged on to see what has been happening, and man have things changed! I wouldn't have guessed that Napoleonic battles would have been in the running. Looking through some of the forums has me reminiscing old times, so I figure I'll buy Gettysburg and give it a run through.

How is everyone doing?
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."-John Wayne
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: So this place is still kicking?

Post by RebBugler »

Welcome! Consider SOW a TC2M upgrade, as with my GrayGhost persona. :silly: Lots of new stuff and a much better modding system making integration of the old TC2M elements, maps, sprites, etc., much easier. You won't be disappointed.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

Thanks! I just bought the 150th Anniversary Edition, and played a couple tutorials to remind myself of the game, and then beat Buford's scenario. It was a blast! It feels like I just started playing TC2M again.
"I won't be wronged, I won't be insulted, and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do these things to other people, and I require the same from them."-John Wayne
mobutu
Reactions:

Post by mobutu »

Hi 2nd,

Are you done with all your hiking? It must have been awesome.

The TC2M forum got shut down after too much spam. Whatever is left (which isn't much) has moved over here. We are still doing some command sims. One is starting this weekend: Greg vs. Iain and Semper.

Great to see you back on a forum!
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

Hey Scott!

Yeah, I hiked finished up my thru Hike of the AT in November. It was truely incredible. I even got a chance to stop by several Civil War historical sites on the trip as well.

I stopped in at the TC2M forums about two weeks ago and saw the signs of shut down. I'm glad the community was able to stay somewhat together over here.

What kind of sims have you all be running? I don't know if you have any sign up threads, but I'd like to participate in the next one that is planned.

Glad to see you!
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

2nd KY you outdoors man rascal. Good to see you around!

Ye Olde Sarge
Last edited by JC Edwards on Wed Jun 28, 2017 9:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
mobutu
Reactions:

Post by mobutu »

I have been running some campaign simulations. They have been based on the Bath-Romney Campaign of January - February 1862, with the Valley District against Lander's Division of the Army of the Potomac. The first sim (B&O Winter) had Jackson starting in Winchester and Lander with forces at Hancock, MD. and Romney. The action moved in the direction of Bath. The second sim (The Winter War) was a separate sim, but picked up the campaign from Jan 14, as Jackson approached Romney from Bloomery Gap. We are now started The Winter War II, which is a carry over campaign from TWWI. I have been running it through email and THE WINTER WAR BLOG

I had started working on a North Carolina / Southern Virginia campaign simulation for next year, but I have so many maps for the Romney, Hancock, Cumberland, MD area that I will probably run one more simulation using that campaign theatre after we finish TWWII. I was thinking of making it a DYOD campaign simulation. I am not sure what the timing would be, but I am guessing early 2018 if there are going to be any takers then.

I guess the AT probably took you through Harper's Ferry and a little east of our main WINTER WAR campaign theatre, which is mostly in Hampshire County (West) Virginia.
RDBoles
Reactions:

Post by RDBoles »

I Was wondering if you are going to release the maps and oobs for single player on SOW? Or is this TC2M material instead? And will you be releasing it on TC2M?
Move Forward
mobutu
Reactions:

Post by mobutu »

The maps are available here: Winter War II Simulation Maps.

They are all TC2M maps using CMP3.0. Some of the maps are from USGS maps for the area, but a lot are proxy maps I converted from maps I had made for other sims. I have a few other originals that are not posted there, including Hancock, MD., Moorefield (West) Virginia, Williamsport (in Hardy County VA, not the one on the Potomac), and Bath. I will still be making two additional original maps for our current sim: Blues Gap (Hanging Rock) and Cacapon Bridge.

The sims are strategic, with the players moving units across the campaign map. When they meet at a locality, we play it out on the corresponding TC2M modded map. Players never know for sure how much of the enemy force they may be facing, and whether additional enemy units might arrive as an engagement takes place. It creates a pretty foggy situation.
2nd Kentucky
Reactions:

Post by 2nd Kentucky »

Hey Sarge! Hows everything been kicking? It has been awhile!