A Noob Has Questions!

Stuck in a part of the game. Here's where the Grogs help the Newbies. Share your best strategies for winning and try someone elses.
gRaider2001
Reactions:

A Noob Has Questions!

Post by gRaider2001 »

Hello All,

I am new to this game and have a few questions to ask:

1. I like to play custom difficulty, HITS. If I want the difficulty to be similar to Historical difficulty preset, what should I set AI Aggressiveness and AI Morale Level to?

2. I would like to play the Gettysburg 3 days in 7 hours scenario, but do not want to play as the Army leader. Is it possible for me to play as a divisional leader or as a brigade leader? I just do not feel comfortable leading a whole army and giving orders. If I join and take command of a division or brigade, would the Army leader still issue orders?

I have more, but will just start with these two:-)

Thanks for the help.
gRaider2001
Reactions:

Re: A Noob Has Questions!

Post by gRaider2001 »

Another question:

3. I read that you could add the line "aicount=Number" to the ini file and it would make the ai more clever. What is a good number to use?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

2. I would like to play the Gettysburg 3 days in 7 hours scenario, but do not want to play as the Army leader. Is it possible for me to play as a divisional leader or as a brigade leader? I just do not feel comfortable leading a whole army and giving orders. If I join and take command of a division or brigade, would the Army leader still issue orders?
As is, no, because the player's side is not scripted to do anything.

Try playing it as designed. The beauty of this game is that the player really doesn't have to micromanage, even at the army level. Simply move divisions and give orders, TC brigades to hold objectives...go from there. Good luck
Last edited by RebBugler on Wed Feb 01, 2017 10:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
gRaider2001
Reactions:

Post by gRaider2001 »

Thanks for the reply Redbugler. I think I will give it a try. I am going to record it on youtube. I report back how it goes. Thanks again for the help:-)