HITS & Couriers games

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
Saddletank
Reactions:

HITS & Couriers games

Post by Saddletank »

Hi guys

I heard there are plans for an occasional game using the GCM mod but H&C as well. I'd be very interested in these. Would you be able to announce them here please?

Cheers.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
exp101
Reactions:

Re: HITS & Couriers games

Post by exp101 »

Will do. Right now the GCM crowd is still being introduced to the format - in stages. The games at this point have graduated to a view 10 yards from the saddle and keeping trees turned on. These battles seem to be gaining in popularity with several players enjoying the change of pace from our usual battles. Next step to experiment with is having unit movement orders delivered by courier (battles so far have featured immediate command execution). This, however, has potential drawbacks: the huge number of couriers generated may well impact game performance and the age old problem of leaders losing control of units in melee.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

As well. . . we've been playing with communication by couriers only, unless within 50 yards or so.
States
Reactions:

Post by States »

FYI there's a 10 yard from the saddle communication by courier game tomorrow, 1/14 at 5:15pm EST. I didn't know there were future plans to send orders by courier, that should be interesting. I'm not sure if our HITS format is technically HITS while using direct orders. Unfortunately I will probably be working tomorrow, but good luck to all except the Yanks.