Can you save an MP game and re-load the save in MP?

This is where we discuss anything multiplayer. From strategies, arranging games, to multiplayer related technical help. You will also find tournament and league information here.
Interlocutor
Reactions:

Can you save an MP game and re-load the save in MP?

Post by Interlocutor »

I'm part of a group of new SoWGB players, playing MP games in HITS mode. One among us keeps getting CTDs while in our games.

Is there a way to save an MP game when that happens, and then re-load it in MP so the booted player can rejoin?
"My headquarters are where my hindquarters should be!"
rschilla
Reactions:

Re: Can you save an MP game and re-load the save in MP?

Post by rschilla »

Not really. This does not work particularly well at all.

http://kriegsspiel.forumotion.net/t1851 ... an-mp-game
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

It is the best and only option there is though.

Can your playing partner investigate why they are getting so many CTDs? What is their game log telling him? Tracking down and fixing that problem is the better solution; SoW MP does not give CTDs very often at all - our group of 5-6 regular players gets one about every couple of dozen games.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Interlocutor
Reactions:

Post by Interlocutor »

Thanks rschilla, Saddletank.

My gaming friend and I will be working on solving the CTD problem over the next few days. He has a Win10 system, and we both believe his CTD problem is a Win10 issue.

This same friend has a PC with 4GB RAM. Another member of our gaming group believes 4GB RAM is insufficient to run SoWGB in MP mode, but I can hardly credit that, given that the minimum system requirements call for only 2GB RAM.
"My headquarters are where my hindquarters should be!"
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I had 4GB of RAM until a couple of months ago. Its a Win7 system though so that may cause a difference with a PC running Win10. I had no problems at all running SoW:WL or :GB with 4GB RAM.

There's quite a few techy threads on here regarding fixes with Win8 and Win10, the basic advice is to select the executable and right click instructing it to be run in WinXP compatibility mode,
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
rschilla
Reactions:

Post by rschilla »

I use Win 7 - which they will have to pry from my cold dead hands - and have had very few stability problems with SOW:WL. Sometimes when starting up I will get a CTD but I find it usually corrects itself if I just try it again. Even that is rare.