CMP?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system of TC2M. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
Little Powell
Reactions:

CMP?

Post by Little Powell »

Perhaps some kind modder can bring over CMP to TC2M Steam?

FYI the install location for Win 7 is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Take Command - 2nd Manassas

Can someone please post the loc for Win 10?
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Re: CMP?

Post by JC Edwards »

Perhaps some kind modder can bring over CMP to TC2M Steam?

FYI the install location for Win 7 is:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Take Command - 2nd Manassas

Can someone please post the loc for Win 10?
What's the process for bringing CMP4 to TC2M Steam?

BTW - The file Loc is the same for Win 10 as it is for Win 7 ..... or at least on my rig it is. ;)

The Mad One
Last edited by JC Edwards on Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
mkeogh76
Reactions:

Post by mkeogh76 »

The CMP 4.0b is a terrific piece of work. It really adds immensely to the game.

However, it's causing an irritating conflict with some of the stock scenarios. For some reason the August 29th (AM) and (PM) 2nd Manassas scenarios all have the Cedar Mountain minimap.

This is issue is clearly caused by the CMP 4.0b because I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and the unmodded game's versions of those scenarios have the correct minimaps.

Is there a solution to this issue other than just not using the CMP 4.0b when playing those scenarios?
JC Edwards
Reactions:

Post by JC Edwards »

The CMP 4.0b is a terrific piece of work. It really adds immensely to the game.

However, it's causing an irritating conflict with some of the stock scenarios. For some reason the August 29th (AM) and (PM) 2nd Manassas scenarios all have the Cedar Mountain minimap.

This is issue is clearly caused by the CMP 4.0b because I did a complete uninstall and reinstall and the unmodded game's versions of those scenarios have the correct minimaps.

Is there a solution to this issue other than just not using the CMP 4.0b when playing those scenarios?
I'm really unsure about that issue. I'm still using CMP 3 for my TC2M and have never tried CMP 4. Hopefully one of the few remaining TC2M players that has knowledge of CMP 4 will see this and respond .

regards

ye Olde Sarge
'The path that is not seen, nor hidden, should always be flanked'
1st Arks Btn.
Reactions:

Post by 1st Arks Btn. »

I have this issue with Cedar Mountain maps being on all the scenarios now... Bump?
mkeogh76
Reactions:

Post by mkeogh76 »

I have this issue with Cedar Mountain maps being on all the scenarios now... Bump?
A poster on the Steam forums stated that it can be fixed by doing the following:

This is a bug with the wrong minimap being installed by CMP 4.0b. You can fix it by:

1. Doing a fresh install of TC:2M
2. Copying all the files in original /Maps to a backup folder
3. Installing CMP 4.0b
4. Overwriting the new /Maps folder with the backed up original maps

This reverts all the (mini)maps in the original scenarios of TC:2M to their original state. I don't think the mod actually makes any relevant to those maps.