Chickamauga

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: Chickamauga

Post by RebBugler »

I am in the second day and Forrest is catching hell right now. Walker himself is released, but I get notices that Wilson, Ector and Lidell are ready for action but they remain locked. I just thought you might want to know.

Also, could you please let me know how to do a screen shot?
Found the locked issue already. Start over and don't touch Walker until all his units reach their first destination and unlock. I'll fix this later, gotta run.

Screenshot - hit F4 and retrieve in Work/screenshots, convert to .jpg for posting
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Sep 21, 2017 5:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update 3.51, fixed 'Walker units locked' issue as reported by SwampRat...

I overlooked the fact that unlocked officers can move locked troops, so, when SwampRat moved them with Walker and prevented them from arriving where scripted to unlock, they were doomed to be locked for the remaining ten hours. A showstopper if you will. A big thanks to SwampRat for finding this error so soon, I believe most players would have just ignored the locked troops and Walker, but not SwampRat, as he nailed this issue right off.

First post is updated, or if you're updated to 3.5 download the following, unzip, and copy to the scenarios folder (overwrite original):
Chickamauga 3Days (C-Army).zip
(51.29 KiB) Downloaded 6 times
boogabooga51
Reactions:

Post by boogabooga51 »

Is it necessary to download the entire package all over again?

If not, could we please get the new mission as a separate download?
Files were added and changed, otherwise I could have offered a separate download.
Okay, how much is it changed? Will my carry-overs and saved sandbox games that I did in v3.25 still work in v3.51?
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Is it necessary to download the entire package all over again?

If not, could we please get the new mission as a separate download?
Files were added and changed, otherwise I could have offered a separate download.
Okay, how much is it changed? Will my carry-overs and saved sandbox games that I did in v3.25 still work in v3.51?
Most of the changes and additions were included for the new scenario. None of folks' carryover progressions or saves should be affected by the latest updates, especially since no names or progress criteria was altered.

Good question, possibly other folks were concerned also.
Last edited by RebBugler on Thu Sep 21, 2017 11:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

RebBuglar,

Awesome man awesome!!! You did it again! Finally got through it. :woohoo:

It was disjointed, confusing, messy and very bloody. I think that sounds like the real thing.

I almost got to 65,000 but didn't LOL, so I had to settle with a minor defeat. The end screen shows a major victory but I know from the info what the levels are. I couldn't set the bar. Maybe my next time trough. :laugh:

Excellent job. Many thanks!!!

S
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

RebBuglar,

Awesome man awesome!!! You did it again! Finally got through it. :woohoo:

It was disjointed, confusing, messy and very bloody. I think that sounds like the real thing.

I almost got to 65,000 but didn't LOL, so I had to settle with a minor defeat. The end screen shows a major victory but I know from the info what the levels are. I couldn't set the bar. Maybe my next time trough. :laugh:

Excellent job. Many thanks!!!

S
Much appreciated, gonna start calling you the Beta Man because you seem to get to fresh cut scenarios first and weed out da bugs. I'll get an update out real soon with that scoring fix, just plain forgot to transfer the new scoring numbers to the scenario.ini file. Please think back on any other bugs you might have encountered, TC'd zombies (enemy officers frozen), player troops that are engaged but locked, or anything behaving weird in general. Also any suggestions to make the scenario flow better will be considered. I'll give you some time to respond and then get an update out later tonight. Thanks again for your debugging efforts and support with these productions.
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Sep 23, 2017 4:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

Oh man, I love this game. And I love your scenarios! :)

I didn't see much wrong, not enough for me to notice anyway. But it did seem a little weird after the first night when Forrest gets moved. But I figured it was just bad communications. ;)

All in all a great job. If I think of anything I'll let you know. I might just give her a try again.

Thanks again.

S
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Update 3.52, fixed 'Scoring' issue as reported by SwampRat...

First post is updated, or if you're updated to 3.5 download the following, unzip, and copy to the scenarios folder (overwrite original):
Chickamauga 3Days (C-Army).zip
(51.29 KiB) Downloaded 7 times

SwampRat quote...
I didn't see much wrong, not enough for me to notice anyway. But it did seem a little weird after the first night when Forrest gets moved. But I figured it was just bad communications
Don't like messing with players' troops but Davidson's brigade at Jay's Mill was a key position to begin day two. This next day position change and a few others I felt were necessary to maintain the historic structure, otherwise the scenario becomes just a big Sandbox battle, anarchy if you will.
Thanks Again SwampRat :)
Last edited by RebBugler on Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
SwampRat
Reactions:

Post by SwampRat »

Well, I tried again. Best I could come up with was 83,000. This is a challenging scenario! I love it. Hope somebody gets a major victory soon. ;)
Last edited by SwampRat on Sun Sep 24, 2017 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
the reb
Reactions:

Post by the reb »

Hey RebBugler....Thanks again for your hard work....Was playing your 3 Days and something weird happened and need to know if you scripted it this way....Longstreet, Hood, and Robertson Division assisted in the taking of Dyers Bridge....As night fall begins they then appeared (like transported) over to the Log School map location? I lost control of these troops but the troops did show losses?

Thanks,
the reb