New pointer mod

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Biondo
Reactions:

New pointer mod

Post by Biondo »

This is my pointer mod. Playing HITS require a more visible (at least to me) pointer.

Bear in mind that I'm not a graphic designer ;)
Attachments
NewPointermod.zip
(17.25 KiB) Downloaded 7 times
Didz
Reactions:

Re: New pointer mod

Post by Didz »

Can't see that stupid little green thing the default game uses, especially on grass. But the annoying thing is that this mod doesn't work in the tutorial, so its not helping much with my attempts to get into this game.

Why don't they use a unit template system like Totalwar, its so much clearer.
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Hi Didz, when you say "unit template system" do you mean the unit cards along the bottom of the screen in TW? That would be difficult in this game as there is no limit to the numbers of units in an army. A division can be 12-18 battalions plus a couple of cavalry regiments and 12-16 artillery pieces, so excluding commander units a corps can easily be over 100 units.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Didz
Reactions:

Post by Didz »

No I was referring to the template system used to check the position and facing you are ordering your unit to move to. I'll see if I can provide a screenshot.
Prussian battalion ordered to advance right shoulder forward.

As you can see there is not much chance to miss where that battalion will end up.

And Ultimate General uses a similar template arrangement for the same purpose, So, the tiddly arrow and micro-thin line used by SOW seems a bit silly.
Last edited by Didz on Thu Jun 29, 2017 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.