Manassas Mod Sandbox - Corps Control query?

This is where our experts try to teach you the very flexible modding system for our previous release - SOW Gettysburg and its add-ons. It's powerful, but dangerous. Post your tips and your questions.
jozk
Reactions:

Manassas Mod Sandbox - Corps Control query?

Post by jozk »

Hi I am running The Manassas mod in sandbox mode, playing as confederate, army vs army, using the Historical First Bull Run OOB and also the map.

My question is: Regarding giving orders to Army of Potomac and Shenandoah... I cant seem to move the whole of either army (which is corps sized) but only by brigade (which is a division size equivalent) - whether I try and move the commander or try to issue courier orders to the commander.

While this is fine for later on in the game it is alot of micromanagement at the beginning for the opening manoeuvres. So am I missing something in terms of being able to move the army of Potomac and Shenandoah around 'as whole corps' or is it not possible? Is it to reflect this different structure at the time and early staff difficulties perhaps? Which I can accept.

Or is it me? and I am doing something wrong here? Is it possibly because each 'army' only has its overall commander and there is no corps commander position as such?

To summarize: Is it possible to move Armies of Potomac and Shenandoah as whole 'corps' either directly or thru courier system in any of the First Manassas mods listed in the released mod thread (there are 2 I have tried and both appear to have the same issue - note I can freely move other corps sized formations in other mods in sandbox mode in other mods).
Last edited by jozk on Wed Jul 13, 2016 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
jozk
Reactions:

Re: Manassas Mod Sandbox - Corps Control query?

Post by jozk »

Have messed around with it a bit and discovered I can move army of Potomac and Shenandoah with the N key. Is there any way to issue formation commands this way?

Seems strange though that in the Manassas mod (1st Manassas OOB and Map) that the commander of Shenandoah has formation options but Commander of Potomac does not.

Neither of them do in the Bull Run Mod (OOB and Map)

Unless I'm missing something as I am still very much learning things all the time...