Grand Campaign Beta - Need a few volunteers

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
KCarter
Reactions:

Re: Grand Campaign Beta - Need a few volunteers

Post by KCarter »

Hi Saddletank. That's great! Thanks for volunteering for this! I know what you mean re: umping, haha. 4:00pm EST could definitely be a possibility on a weekend.I will check with everyone to see what their schedule's look like. I am still working on the exact settings I'd like to use. I will post a rough draft summary this evening, and take input from players who are joining the test though. In theory I would like the camera distance to be somewhere in between GCM and HITS. I plan to use couriers for communication only, not for orders. In other words, no Teamspeak, no in-game chat, just couriers to talk to other commanders. Unless you are in physical contact with another commander, then we can do the "whisper chat" channel on Teamspeak. I think I have seen this with the KS guys games, i.e. Napy and lost division. I want to create a realistic line of communication and supply, that can potentially be severed in a strategic, but then tactical sense inside our SOW battles.I will likely create a baggage train with the option in Leffe 7's scenario generator to this end as well. But yes, I will follow up later with a summary of settings. Thanks again!
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Has been quite some time since I have played this game but would like to toss my hat in the ring as a member of the group. So, please consider me as a neophyte and assign me where I can do the less harm.

Will probably need some help as to the various options I need.

Thanks

Jack

PS: Tried to register on the other forum but the had a problem with the confirmation. Now, it won't let me register my user name (WSH Baylor) as it says it is already in use.

J
Last edited by Kerflumoxed on Mon May 30, 2016 11:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Jack - check the rules about registered names on the other forum. You must use a full first and last name with or without a middle initial. Names must be fictional but realistic possible names of actual ACW officers.

KCarter - registered on the forum but haven't got a confirmation e-mail yet. The idea of instantaneous orders to troops but comms via courier between human commanders is neat. I can go for that.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

If the battles are the same length as a traditional GCM game--90 minutes--then I could play at 2 p.m. NYC time on the weekends. Otherwise, I'm restricted to evenings after 7 p.m. NYC time. If I have to miss out on this, that's ok. I don't want to mess this up for the rest of you.
KCarter
Reactions:

Post by KCarter »

Jack - check the rules about registered names on the other forum. You must use a full first and last name with or without a middle initial. Names must be fictional but realistic possible names of actual ACW officers.

KCarter - registered on the forum but haven't got a confirmation e-mail yet. The idea of instantaneous orders to troops but comms via courier between human commanders is neat. I can go for that.
Yes, this is correct regarding the name guidelines. Thank you Saddletank! The forum admin should get back to you shortly to get you permissions.

Once everyone has registered, we will choose teams, and move on.
Kerflumoxed
Reactions:

Post by Kerflumoxed »

Always someone who wants to "rain" on someone's parade! Times haven't changed, have they?

LOL

J
Jack Hanger
Fremont, NE
[/size]
"Boys, if we have to stand in a straight line as stationary targets for the Yankees to shoot at, this old Texas Brigade is going to run like hell!" J. B. Poley, 4th Texas Infantry, Hood's Texas Brigade
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

KC (can I call you KC?), are you using historical OOBs? I'm asking because it looks like fictional OOBs being set up on the other site. So I'm scratching my head a little - presumably the fictional officer names are just for the login to that other site and we'll play with historical commanders?

Or did I miss something?
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
KCarter
Reactions:

Post by KCarter »

@Saddle, yes KC is fine! We will be using non-historical character/commander names, and non-historical oobs. Point being for our characters to become the Robert E. Lee and US Grant of our war; to distinguish their units, ie. Iron Brigade, etc.
KCarter
Reactions:

Post by KCarter »

For SOW gameplay settings I am looking at the following:
* Max Camera Distance - 80 (1/2 way between GCM and HITS)
* Officer movement - "Blind" (copyright Palmer) - meaning no officers in front of troops.
* Communication by courier only (unless in physical contact, via whisper channel on TS)

Mods:
* GCM (all included mods)
* GCM Toolbar - Restricted ID

Let me know if I am forgetting anything.
Razorback429
Reactions:

Post by Razorback429 »

Carter....have registered and been approved on the other site....name is John A. Beckham.