Thoughts on possible GCM "Mini-Campaigns"

A multiplayer online persistence game for Scourge of War.
Lead your division from battle to battle where your casualties really
count.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Re: Thoughts on possible GCM "Mini-Campaigns"

Post by kg_sspoom »

In an effort to get this rolling and involve more people, how about players that show up for the second game are considered re-enforcements and players that cant make the second game are considered to have been pulled for refitting?
1ongstreet
Reactions:

Post by 1ongstreet »

In an effort to get this rolling and involve more people, how about players that show up for the second game are considered re-enforcements and players that cant make the second game are considered to have been pulled for refitting?

In my opinion I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of the mini-campaign, and also give a huge advantage to the person(s) showing up late.

But I also would like to see the ball get rolling for this kind of game more often; and I would play regardless. I thought about trying to host something like this myself a while back, but never did cause all the reasons being discussed here make it pretty difficult ha.
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

It's all about start time for me. If there are ever mini-campaigns at or after 7 pm NYC time, I'd play both games no problem.

I'll probably try to host one of these soon, but I'm afraid that many won't want to join if they already participated in one the same week or few days. We'll find out, I guess.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

In my opinion I think that would kind of defeat the purpose of the mini-campaign, and also give a huge advantage to the person(s) showing up late.

But I also would like to see the ball get rolling for this kind of game more often; and I would play regardless. I thought about trying to host something like this myself a while back, but never did cause all the reasons being discussed here make it pretty difficult ha.
So long as each side got the same number of new players for the 2nd game, I think it would be fine if the reinforcement divisions were limited to around 4 or 5 regiments.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

I don't think it would hurt to add a couple of new players to the second battle assuming their divisions were very small (winner of the first battle getting first pick). But to throw it open to more or bigger fresh divisions would negate the impact of the first game and defeat the concept of campaign.

Alternatively, if there happened to be only 1 new player wishing to join the second game, we might consider adding his pared-down division to the side of the game 1 victor. Have to think about that...
Last edited by exp101 on Thu Jun 02, 2016 7:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kg_sspoom
Reactions:

Post by kg_sspoom »

I'm signing up for the mini campaign
I'm probable but not 100%
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

I only fought in the second battle the other day, but I wanted to mention that I really liked the 60-minute game limit. I know standard GCM games have been 90 minutes. But 60 minutes kept things moving along nicely. I may use a shorter game limit for regular GCM games, too, maybe around 70 minutes.
exp101
Reactions:

Post by exp101 »

The second Mini-Campaign is set to go on Saturday, June 25 with the first game (70 minutes) at 5:00pm Easter/3:00pm Mountain. The second battle of the set (60 minutes) will begin about 10 minutes after the first finishes.

The irrepressible kg little mac, victor of the first campaign, brings his winning ways back as commander of the Yanks. Who will step up to lead the forces of the Rebellion?

New teams. New chances for victory. Same settings and format as in the first MC (see posts above). See you then!
Last edited by exp101 on Sat Jun 18, 2016 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KG_Soldier
Reactions:

Post by KG_Soldier »

Chances for a reb victory remain slim.

We yanks will befuddle them again with our strategic changing of bases.
mike1984
Reactions:

Post by mike1984 »

I'll probably join in on the second game, like I did last time. I'll probably just bring infantry, no artillery.