problem getting mod to work in game

Any technical questions for Waterloo go here!
remus
Reactions:

problem getting mod to work in game

Post by remus »

Hi all

1}
Been trying to upload an AWI mod but having some problems. I get an error " cant find class type0". Other errors that have been displayed I have fixed and the engine seems to have loaded the sprites but at the end it crashes with the above error. I have checked through all the necessary csvs and the graphics folder and have been unable to find a specific problem. I have checked and checked umpteen times with no success. Was hoping someone in the team or some experienced modder might be able to give some input about what the problem might be.
2}
Just changed my laptop and installed GB anniversary edition. On startup of the game the menu items are blacked out. I can get rid of the blacked out menu and the game will start as normal when I "troubleshoot compatibility mode". I have to do this every time I open GB, can anyone offer a solution to the problem.

remus
Last edited by remus on Tue Feb 02, 2016 5:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: mistake
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: problem getting mod to work in game

Post by RebBugler »

I get an error " cant find class type0
Pretty sure that's an OOB issue, caused by a comma being left out so the column before Class is being read.

2) Not sure, try running it as administrator when you make the compatibility change
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
remus
Reactions:

Post by remus »

Hi Reb Bugler

Thanks for your input. Didn't find any commas in the columns before the Class column but your suggestion caused me to look more deeply into the OOB. I changed some of the data in the OOB column and I managed to get past the Class 0 error. Now its showing me the log file as it should do and I can now continue to make adjustments.

Problem two doesn't change with " Run administrator" only works properly with "Troubleshoot compatibility".
Was wondering if running windows eight could be the problem?

Remus
Jim
Reactions:

Post by Jim »

May need both Win 7 compatibility mode and run as administrator at once.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863