GROG Toolbar query

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
mcaryf
Reactions:

GROG Toolbar query

Post by mcaryf »

I have been experimenting with the Grog Toolbar using Sandbox games. The difficulty setting I used was normal and the combat was at Divisional level. I was surprised to find that sometimes I did see messengers setting off to deliver Brigade level commands. In fact this happened when I had the battalions under my own control so in fact they actually ignored the couriers which was what should have happened from the command perspective.

I am guessing that the Grog Toolbar is used more by people with a higher difficulty setting so this may not have been noticed before.

Regards

Mike
RebBugler
Reactions:

Re: GROG Toolbar query

Post by RebBugler »

The Grog Toolbar initially provided all functions on the toolbar, rather than relying on the pop up context menus for some functions. It is evolving to provide more functions on the context menus while still maintaining it's integrity for use with the menus turned off, as opted by the HITS folks or others that prefer the classic toolbar interface.

Basically it is designed for Normal play with menus on, providing NSD's complete arsenal of commands, and MORE.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...