Need help!

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Need help!

Post by Jacquinot »

Hello and Happy New Year!
I finish my work and create guard dragoon sprite, change bear hats of horse grenadier and guard chasseurs, but I can't understand what need change in logistic files. Can anybody help me?
mitra76
Reactions:

Re: Need help!

Post by mitra76 »

You find the instructions to the page 42 of sdk manual and you can take as example Tim sprite mod. I'm not expert of sprites modding so I cannot give specific advices
Visit my wargames blog: http://warforgame.blogspot.it/
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Thanks, but if anybody have algorithm how to add new sprites please post it here.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

I do all like in SDK manual, but all works wrong or crush, i realy need help, i can't understand how this engine work :(
Marching Thru Georgia
Reactions:

Post by Marching Thru Georgia »

If you are just replacing some stock sprites with your own, then you need to make changes in unitpack.csv. Find the entries for the old sprites and make the necessary changes. As long as you do not change the names in column A, that is all you'll have to do.

If you are adding new sprites, you need to make additions to unitpack, unitmodel, unitglobal and finally the oob.
I can make this march and I will make Georgia howl.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

I know that, i do all like in SDK manual, but not work.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Im sad this game are not modeble, no good editor and very hard to understand what need to change in logistic files, i think id this game has 3d modeles not sprites all be much more easy.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Now all fine and work good, damn I just forgot make changes in plist files.
So my mod include: French guard dragoon sprite, chasseur a pied with correct bear hat, horse grenadiers with correct bear hat, and Waterloo scenario with some bug fix.