SoW Gettysburg: 150th Anniversary Collection upgrade path?

Let's talk about Gettysburg! Put your questions and comments here.
Nyrolph
Reactions:

SoW Gettysburg: 150th Anniversary Collection upgrade path?

Post by Nyrolph »

Hi guys.

I've been the proud owner of Sow Gettysburg since the early days, but have not played it for 2 years or so.
Recently I've had a yearning to do so again, and discovered a new anniversary edition including a bunch of add-on's.
Is there an upgrade path from 'vanilla' to Anniversary edition?

Sincerely,
Florin
Jim
Reactions:

Re: SoW Gettysburg: 150th Anniversary Collection upgrade path?

Post by Jim »

Matrix is handling the marketing for GB, you will need to ask them what their current policies are.

-Jim
"My God, if we've not got a cool brain and a big one too, to manage this affair, the nation is ruined forever." Unknown private, 14th Vermont, 2 July 1863
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

I understand the position between Matrix and NSD but I still feel this is a question the developer ought to know the answer to. The devs should be aware of all the deals their publisher is providing on their games.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
Little Powell
Reactions:

Post by Little Powell »

If you own GB alone, then the best upgrade path is just to get the Anniversary edition. :)

It has every product released, so there's no real path needed, and you'll save a bunch of $ not having to buy each release separate.
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

The anno ed is half price on Matrix site presently: tempting ...
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Does anyone have a link I can go to for a comparison between the Anniversary Collection and the the standard SOW Gettysburg?
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby
Chamberlain
Reactions:

Post by Chamberlain »

cliometrician

Try this link :

http://www.scourgeofwar.com/index.shtml

See if it helps ...You can check out these 2 games.

The big difference is the Anniversary Edition has the following :

This is the complete Scourge of War series, now in a single game to commemorate the 150th Anniversary of the Civil War. Get the battles of Gettysburg, Pipe Creek, Antietam, Chancellorsville and Brandy Station, all in one epic package.

Chamberlain
Last edited by Chamberlain on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Col. Joshua Chamberlain, 20th Maine

We cannot retreat. We cannot withdraw. We are going to have to be stubborn today
cliometrician
Reactions:

Post by cliometrician »

Thanks, I checked out the link. I already own the expansions listed in the Anniversary Edition. So my real question is: Why should I buy the Anniversary Edition when I already have the expansions? Are there any bells and whistles included in the Anniversary that are not already in my SOW Gettysburg and other expansions? Thanks.
"I may have fought on the side that was wrong, but I fought on the right side." John S. Mosby