Destroy The Enemy Campaign.

Questions on the new sandbox campaign for Waterloo can go here.
roy64
Reactions:

Destroy The Enemy Campaign.

Post by roy64 »

I'm now on day 11 of a Destroy The Enemy Campaign & I can't get the enemy to fight. The last major fight I had was on day 1. The second problem I have is Wellington does not have a sprite, I know he's about because he keeps offering me a battle. A battle screen appears out of nowhere offering to fight, then he decides he will retreat & still no sprite to be seen. :(

I have to conclude the Sandbox Campaign is broken as is. There's nothing in the manual that explains in detail the menus that appear in game. The training Screen menu is to small, it only shows 9 units at a time, you can't select more than one unit at a time, making training a click feast. It would be more helpful if the units were colour coded. Say blue for units that can be trained, red for units that are being trained & so on.

Probably the worst thing in the Campaign is you can't build any other formations as Saddletank has already posted about 4 months ago & then not one Admin or Mod bothered to reply to him? :(
http://www.norbsoftdev.net/forum/sandbo ... ing-forces

The only good thing I can say about the Campaign is I had some really good battles when the AI actually decided to fight. :)

I had a quick look at the Take The Majority Of The Map Campaign & I'm not sure how you're meant to do it with just 8 Divisions? :ohmy:

So for me the Sandbox Campaign is a massive disappointment. Let's hope there are plans to improve it. :dry:
Last edited by roy64 on Wed Dec 02, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Leicestershire
Sirlion
Reactions:

Re: Destroy The Enemy Campaign.

Post by Sirlion »

I completely agree. I'd also like to add that simple things such as getting rid of the courier menu in the Campaign would be a sign of good will. I mean ok, we are not suppozed to use it, but then why is it there if it is not meant to be used?? I bought the game almost immediately and I also have the physical copy which costed even more but frankly I have barely played some hours in the last 5 months waiting for patches. Dont do like Creative Assembly please. At the moment I feel this is a 3/4 of a finished product which costs 70 Euro. I dont want to sound disrespectful of your work... I just hope you'll finish it.