Hannover Flags 1815

A new section for modding SOW Waterloo. Ask questions, post tips here.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Hannover Flags 1815

Post by RebBugler »

As promised, another look at this game's Hanovarian flags. Depending on feedback, the following mod and screenshot display the replacement flags I have come up with. Still conjectural, but I feel these represent the era well after much research.

Unzip and copy to the Mods folder:
The attachment HannoverFlags.zip is no longer available
The attachment HannoverFlags.jpg is no longer available
These four representatives replace the four slots available, Regiment, Artillery, Officer, and Cavalry. I plan on eventually releasing some individual battalion flags to better represent the Kingdom of Hannover.

Click Here for Additional Hannover Flags Download and Details
Attachments
HannoverFlags.jpg
HannoverFlags.jpg (43.57 KiB) Viewed 264 times
HannoverFlags.zip
(1.73 MiB) Downloaded 11 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Bugles & Flags Gettysburg - Toolbar, Flags, Scenarios, and More...
Saddletank
Reactions:

Re: Hannover Flags 1815

Post by Saddletank »

Those are a huge improvement Reb, thanks very much. I am not sure about the 2nd one from the right showing the British royal coat of arms but it's still a lot better than what we had before.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Those are a huge improvement Reb, thanks very much. I am not sure about the 2nd one from the right showing the British royal coat of arms but it's still a lot better than what we had before.
This flag will be used as the Officers' flag. Similar to miniature productions this 'Colonel' flag as seen in SYW displays is updated to the 1801 - 1816 Coat of Arms with the GR III symbols.

Bottom line, with the lack of documentation I wound up following the 'Miniature Folks' lead, they're the real fact grognards for this era.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hannover Landwehr Flags1

The attachment HannoverLandwehrFlags1.zip is no longer available
Attention: This set has now been upgraded with a more recent post. To use this set in addition to the newer set the names must be changed in column A of the gfx.csv file, otherwise the two mods will conflict.

The attachment HannoverLandwehrSet1.jpg is no longer available
Battalion Flags Left to Right:
1) Hannover Landwehr generic, derived from a popular Waterloo game mod
2) Hannover Landwehr Gifhorn, copied and redesigned from a 'Miniatures' Waterloo display
3,4) Hannover Landwehr Hoya, designed from the pictures, these two flags represent the one known flag, front and back

Flags are included with this OOB in Sandbox:
OOB_SB_FMod_Waterloo_Campaign Br Cav
...OOB appears when mod is selected.

Continuing the quest for better historical representation and more diversity between unit types...
Attachments
HannoverLandwehrSet1.jpg
HannoverLandwehrSet1.jpg (120.37 KiB) Viewed 264 times
HannoverLandwehrFlags1.zip
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Volunteer
Reactions:

Post by Volunteer »

Lovin' your work. Reb'; I hope you can do more!
Saddletank
Reactions:

Post by Saddletank »

Continuing the quest for better historical representation and more diversity between unit types...
Thank you very much, it's really appreciated. I was wondering if you would find/use the sword and Maltese cross flag. I think its the only actual extant example of an 1815 Hanover flag. I don't know if the cross device should be gold rather than silver or whether that just a weird colour reproduction below your flag but even so, these are great.

That is a generic simple Hanover flag that Gunship made for the Napoleonic mod for Gettysburg which we use in the KS mod. Again its just conjectural but is a reasonable guess given the info we have. I think the yellow over white field is the colours of one of the Hanoverian cities but sorry to say I do not know which one. It could be the basis of another flag if you have any space left. I think it needs more details, maybe a laurel wreath around the central shield and perhaps a device of some kind in each corner, I guess you can add whatever small changes you like as long as you keep within the boundaries of the known practices of the time for military flags.
Last edited by Saddletank on Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HITS & Couriers - a different and realistic way to play SoW MP.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

I don't know if the cross device should be gold rather than silver or whether that just a weird colour reproduction below your flag
By all descriptions I've read the cross is white, the picture is showing the yellowing with age. Apologies for the silver with both Hoya flags, while trying to blend what should be a white fringe with the white details, silver crept in. Maintaining a true white on black while going through the flag shading processes sometimes goes amiss, I just hope it's not too distracting as these flags with fringe (fringe reseeded frame by frame) took quite a while to build.

Tank, thanks for the generic discussion and sample, I'll be looking for some good reps.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Hannover flag update - Addition of four more flags and an upgrade for the previously released Landwehr set, download total of eight flags...
The attachment HannoverSet3.jpg is no longer available
Unzip and copy into the Mods folder:
The attachment HannoverFlagsSets2-3.zip is no longer available

Landwehr upgrade includes: addition of new finials, blue staff for Gifhorn, and an attempt to get more of a white color rather than silver with the Hoya flags...
The attachment HannoverSet2.jpg is no longer available

All flags represented in the included OOB:
OOB_SB_FMod_Waterloo_Campaign Br Cav
...OOB appears when mod is selected.
Delete the previous 'same named' OOB released with the Landwehr flag set or delete that mod entirely as it will conflict with this one.

Hope these additions improve immersion by filling some gaps with better historical representation and more variety, plus helping give the Hannover troops the attention and respect they deserve.
Attachments
HannoverFlagsSets2-3.zip
(4.24 MiB) Downloaded 4 times
HannoverSet2.jpg
HannoverSet2.jpg (54.68 KiB) Viewed 264 times
HannoverSet3.jpg
HannoverSet3.jpg (96.04 KiB) Viewed 264 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Tue Nov 17, 2015 12:53 am, edited 1 time in total.
RebBugler
Reactions:

Post by RebBugler »

Presently these flags are being tested within NSD and are in line to replace the present stock Hanoverian flags with the next patch. They are identical to the first post of this thread with the exception of being packed. Any feedback is appreciated. To help us out and test these flags disable the other flag mods in this thread and enable just this packed set. Test with sandbox oobs or custom scenarios that contain Hanoverian units, check that all the previous (stock) Hanoverian flags are replaced. Thanks in advance for testing...

The attachment HannoverFlagsPacked.zip is no longer available
Attachments
HannoverFlagsPacked.zip
(1.98 MiB) Downloaded 6 times
Last edited by RebBugler on Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jacquinot
Reactions:

Post by Jacquinot »

Thanks, can we use this mod with other mods?